Tech2win/vxdiag diagnostics software questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OneofFew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I am looking at purchasing this system to help maintain and diagnose my 01 Tahoe.
I just need to make sure that I can use this to diagnose some things like why my 'security' light comes on with doors closed, interior light does not turn on when opening driver door and ABS system purge.
https://www.vxdiagshop.com/wholesale/vxdiag-vcx-nano-for-gm-opel-wifi-version.html

Their website is not very clear and the language used makes it evident that whoever wrote all that does not have English as their mother tongue.

It says it supports WinXP... I'm not even sure what that is supposed to mean. I'd be looking for a list of operating systems this software is compatible with. Win10?

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Their website is not very clear and the language used makes it evident that whoever wrote all that does not have English as their mother tongue.

It says it supports WinXP... I'm not even sure what that is supposed to mean. I'd be looking for a list of operating systems this software is compatible with. Win10?

You may want to steer clear of that... Windows XP is an ANCIENT operating system; WinXP --> Windows7 --> Windows8 --> Windows10 (though I may have missed a release or two in there).

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I am looking at purchasing this system to help maintain and diagnose my 01 Tahoe.
I just need to make sure that I can use this to diagnose some things like why my 'security' light comes on with doors closed, interior light does not turn on when opening driver door and ABS system purge.
https://www.vxdiagshop.com/wholesale/vxdiag-vcx-nano-for-gm-opel-wifi-version.html

the VX DIAG NANO is an adapter that connects the vehicle to a laptop or tablet running the software, either Tech2Win or GDS2 in that ad. So it is saying that the software will work on an older machine still using Windows XP. There are guys on here using Tech2Win on Windows 10 tablets even. @Doubeleive

The shop manual was designed to be used with the Tech-2 for your Tahoe and the generation following. Yes, it does ABS bleeds and can read BCM and Chassis module codes along with the usual ECM stuff but also has the more advanced diagnostics and tests that basic code readers do not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt