Tech2 menu help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shegarty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got a VCXNano up and running and have the unit connecting to the truck to retrieve data. I want to change out the airbag module under the drivers seat due to SRS codes - the unit was badly corroded after the interior floor got wet this winter (hole in the floor has been patched). I have another used unit that I want to change out but I was under the impression that I would have to do a VIN relearn with the new unit after plugging it in. I have navigated the Supplemental Restraint menu on the Tech2 software and I can't find anything of the sort - would it be under the BCM menu or somewhere else?

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you happened to see my initial response, disregard... I misread and thought you were talking about the sensor.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got a VCXNano up and running and have the unit connecting to the truck to retrieve data. I want to change out the airbag module under the drivers seat due to SRS codes - the unit was badly corroded after the interior floor got wet this winter (hole in the floor has been patched). I have another used unit that I want to change out but I was under the impression that I would have to do a VIN relearn with the new unit after plugging it in. I have navigated the Supplemental Restraint menu on the Tech2 software and I can't find anything of the sort - would it be under the BCM menu or somewhere else?
should be under the srs or sdm special features? ignition has to be on I believe not just on accessory. I know it's in there somewhere I have done it

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just did a sensor replacement on my front left for my 04 Tahoe. I have a Tech 2, but didn't have to do anything with it when I replaced the old sensor with the new one. Easy peasy. The computer does "read" the serial number of the sensor and validates the sensor is working when the ignition gets turned on, but I don't believe the sensor has anything to do with the VIN.
he's talking about the module, not the sensor, they have to be vin learned

OP
OP
S

shegarty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
should be under the srs or sdm special features? ignition has to be on I believe not just on accessory. I know it's in there somewhere I have done it
I looked in both of those menus with the ignition in position 2 (run) and didn’t see it anywhere

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972