Tech2 menu help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

shegarty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya it only does it once and it has to be installed already duh..lol
My bad. Didn’t want to get too far ahead of myself and install the new module before I knew how to reprogram it. Thanks for the heads up.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you won't hurt anything putting it in there, and it won't do the re-learn if there is nothing there to re-learn, the airbag light would just stay on until the re-learn is performed.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would try and clean up the harness connector as much as possible while you have it unplugged just for good measure, contact cleaner, maf cleaner or something of that nature.

OP
OP
S

shegarty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would try and clean up the harness connector as much as possible while you have it unplugged just for good measure, contact cleaner, maf cleaner or something of that nature.
I already did that with the old one in the hopes that it would help - to no avail. There is a good chance that this won’t fix the problem as the codes are for the front two sensors but given the corroded state of the module case I figured it was worth switching. I’ve already tried swapping the sensors with ones from the wreckers without any luck.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I already did that with the old one in the hopes that it would help - to no avail. There is a good chance that this won’t fix the problem as the codes are for the front two sensors but given the corroded state of the module case I figured it was worth switching. I’ve already tried swapping the sensors with ones from the wreckers without any luck.
could just be a bad module, only 1 way to find out....without a deep diagnostic dive.

OP
OP
S

shegarty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could just be a bad module, only 1 way to find out....without a deep diagnostic dive.
From the state of it it’s a good place to start. Also, I was able to get a couple for next to nothing and sensors up here are $150+ ea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas