Tech 2 questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so what is tis2000 used for and do I need it?

No, not NEEDED, nice to have. If you have a 2008 or earlier, it should contain all the program updates for the vehicles covered, otherwise you have to go online and pay to download them. If you record a snapshot from the Tech-2, TIS2000 can play it back, easier to see all the functions at once. You can see examples on my youtube page. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmZre5w_3lV_AOHxPkFGT7Q

It's supposed to only run on up to Windows XP but I got it running on Windows 7 somehow. Also bought a plug and play adapter as my laptop does not have a serial port. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000VYJRY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked Black Bear and a new AutoCal is $600. Wow!
It's worth it though. Plus if you want to change anything about your tune, they will update it for free. Plus you can use it on other GM stuff for a fee. The tune was one of the best modifications I have done to date.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's worth it though. Plus if you want to change anything about your tune, they will update it for free. Plus you can use it on other GM stuff for a fee. The tune was one of the best modifications I have done to date.

Same here. I did it mainly to disable AFM but my favorite part has been how the behavior of the transmission changed. She puts down 307 rear wheel horsepower through the traps at the drag strip now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ridnclean18