Tech 2 questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I wish I would have looked closer before buying because now I have the one you recommended coming to me that is for cars and not trucks. I emailed the seller just now and am awaiting his response on how to handle this. It is due to be delivered to me on Nov. 5. Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never heard of this cars, no trucks, thing. I think it's wrong. @swathdiver @Doubeleive ??

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I would have looked closer before buying because now I have the one you recommended coming to me that is for cars and not trucks. I emailed the seller just now and am awaiting his response on how to handle this. It is due to be delivered to me on Nov. 5. Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you'll be fine. Our trucks are included

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
C
Cars and trucks are all included in the software. There’s no problem.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Never heard of this cars, no trucks, thing. I think it's wrong. @swathdiver @Doubeleive ??
I think you'll be fine. Our trucks are included

If you go to the link and read down about it, it says cars and no trucks and the list of what is covered by this Tech 2 says this: Notice #3 at the top of the features and then the list of covered vehicles, at the bottom. I should have read this first and not assumed and then asked these questions then instead of now. Hopefully there is nothing to worry about. I did reach out to the seller, on ebay, about this concern but have not heard back yet. I will let you know what he says.

1. This package comes with 1 memory card and contains 1 software.

2. If You Need more Software, Please Buy Additional 32MB Memory Card.

3. Tech2 Only Supports Cars, No Trucks

TECH2 Features:
1) software in the Tech 2 Flash means the most comprehensive diagnostic software available for late model vehicles.
2) Support for on-board diagnostics on all systems 1992 thru current year.
3) Removable hardware modules provide insurance against scan tool obsolescence.
4) Large, easy-to-read backlit screen.
5) RS232 & RS485 ports provide the avenue to connect future devices to your Tech 2 Flash.
6) Ability to capture stored DTCs, Freeze Frame, and Failure Record for later review.
7) Ability to view the status of vehicle diagnostic tests as they run.
8) Bi-directional The authentic 1992-current year software will provide full bi-directional control when performing power train, chassis, and body diagnostics.
Vetronix Tech 2 Specifications
1) Microprocessor: 32 bit,16 MHz
2) Memory: 32 MB flash type II PCMCIA. Type III slot available for future expansion.
3) Communications: Integral RS232 communication port.
4) Screen: 3.8.8 backlit monochrome with full graphics capability: 320,40 pixels. Displays up to 9 vehicle parameters at once .Download Tech2 Brochure (5.2 Mb)
An industry change in protocol from OBD II to Controller Area Network (CAN) has begun. In order to perform diagnostics on a vehicle that uses the CAN interface;
You will need the Tech 2 Flash and a CAN diagnostic interface module. The module connects between the Tech 2 Flashs diagnostic link cable and the OBD adapter.
Once the module is connected, it can be used on all vehicle applications,even those vehicles using other platforms such as OBD I and OBD II.
vehicles utilize the CANdi module interface
05 Buick Allure (3.6L)
05 Buick LaCrosse (3.6L)
05 Buick Rainier (5.3L)
04-05 Buick Rendezvous (3.6L)
04-05 Cadillac CTS (3.6L)
04-05 Cadillac SRX (3.6L / 4.6L)
04-05 Cadillac XLR (4.6L)
05 Cadillac STS (3.6L / 4.6L)
05 Chevrolet Cobalt (2.2L)
05 Chevrolet Corvette (6.0L)
05 Chevrolet Equinox (3.4L)
05 Chevrolet TrailBlazer (5.3L)
05 Chevrolet SSR (6.0L)
04 Chevrolet Malibu (Body/Chassis only)
05 Chevrolet Malibu (3.5L)
05 Pontiac G6 (3.5L)
05 Pontiac GTO (6.0L)
05 Pontiac Pursuit (2.2L)

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
C

Cars and trucks are all included in the software. There’s no problem.

Thank you for responding, all 3 of you. I just want to be sure before I get it and then it might sit, not being used, for 2-3 months and then I find out it is not compatible and then find I cannot return it after that much time. Again, thanks for the reassurance. I do wonder why they would say and list that info if it does not matter.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Thank you for responding, all 3 of you. I just want to be sure before I get it and then it might sit, not being used, for 2-3 months and then I find out it is not compatible and then find I cannot return it after that much time. Again, thanks for the reassurance. I do wonder why they would say and list that info if it does not matter.

The important thing that I don't see listed is the software version. Make sure it's 33.004

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
At this point I am just going to wait till I get it and fire it up and see what software version it is. If it is not 33.004, what are my choices at that point? Alternatives?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The reason it say's only cars because the dumb person selling it doesn't know any better, 33.004 has been out for several years now and was the final update I don't think your going to find any "new" ones being sold with the older software. you will know in about 5 seconds as soon as you plug it in and turn it on, it can be plugged right into the wall with a 12v adapter doesn't have to be plugged into a vehicle. Most of these being sold as in the USA are probably being drop shipped out of Los Angeles

OP
OP
H

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what are some things I can use the scanner for on my truck?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The reason it say's only cars because the dumb person selling it doesn't know any better, 33.004 has been out for several years now and was the final update I don't think your going to find any "new" ones being sold with the older software. you will know in about 5 seconds as soon as you plug it in and turn it on, it can be plugged right into the wall with a 12v adapter doesn't have to be plugged into a vehicle. Most of these being sold as in the USA are probably being drop shipped out of Los Angeles

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. If it is NOS-(New Old Stock), maybe it has the old software version and that was only for the vehicles listed in my previous post? Just throwing that out there and seeing what sticks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia