Tech 2 questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. If it is NOS-(New Old Stock), maybe it has the old software version and that was only for the vehicles listed in my previous post? Just throwing that out there and seeing what sticks.
No because it was never only for cars, the platform was used for both cars and trucks and suv's, some of the bigger commercial trucks etc are not covered
in the later years less "cars" were covered and all other vehicles were

t2.JPG

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Well mine is an 02. I am looking forward to getting the Tech 2 by Nov. 5 as it says it will be here.

I do know when I looked around at the AutoCal I did see some very specific types of vehicles for each one.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Well mine is an 02. I am looking forward to getting the Tech 2 by Nov. 5 as it says it will be here.

I do know when I looked around at the AutoCal I did see some very specific types of vehicles for each one.

Prior to 2007, all the GMs used the Tech2. Then the started going MDI, which is why some work and some don't.

The AutoCal is a vehicle interface for tuning software. Totally different thing than a Tech2, which is a bidirectional scan tool for diagnostics.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Nothing better than hearing informed information from another forum member that puts my mind at ease. Like I said, I have not been in a shop atmosphere since 2008. Thanks.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Nothing better than hearing informed information from another forum member that puts my mind at ease. Like I said, I have not been in a shop atmosphere since 2008. Thanks.

I'm certainly not as informed as James or Wes when it comes to the Tech2, but I'm confident you will be just fine on this one.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wish I'd have got the case with mine. I'll have to find something that it fits in, with all the adapters.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am mechanical, but not a "tech"...... Considering my 1-year ownership of my 2005 Yukon XL SLT,
My Kon has been treating me fine.....

Is it a good idea to get a Tech2 in ahead of a glitch?
How complicated / easy is it to learn how to use the gadget?---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ( My keyboard key stuck )........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues