Tech 2 Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
No love.
When I got it out it worked but connected really slow and even the buttons responded slowly. I thought it odd so I disconnected and reconnected it and then it wouldn't go past the blue screen.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No love.
When I got it out it worked but connected really slow and even the buttons responded slowly. I thought it odd so I disconnected and reconnected it and then it wouldn't go past the blue screen.
I have read that some of the solder used on the boards inside is sub-par and that this happens as a result, the things are difficult to disassemble also, I think there is a youtube video out there that is a "how to" if you decide to try and fix it.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I have read that some of the solder used on the boards inside is sub-par and that this happens as a result, the things are difficult to disassemble also, I think there is a youtube video out there that is a "how to" if you decide to try and fix it.
I just had it open and it looks really good. I was looking for a puffed up capacitor. Nothing. I will look for the video.
Kinda bummed.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just had it open and it looks really good. I was looking for a puffed up capacitor. Nothing. I will look for the video.
Kinda bummed.
did you remove and clean and reinsert the pcmcia card? does it do anything different without the pcmcia card installed?
maybe it wasn't a video but a forum I saw the repair on, there seems to be a few of them on the internet.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
did you remove and clean and reinsert the pcmcia card? does it do anything different without the pcmcia card installed?
maybe it wasn't a video but a forum I saw the repair on, there seems to be a few of them on the internet.
I did remove and clean the card. I tried it in the other slot and I tried my spare card. I can try booting without the card.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The screen dimly flashes a warning that no card is inserted. I tried inserting a card then and it went to the tile screen but after a power cycle it was the same issue. Now I can’t get it to do it again.

I have tried two power blocks and one vehicle.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score