Tapping into fuseblock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, you should be fine tapping into that wire. Personally, I would solder a wire into a splice just so make sure it never wiggles itself free and causes shorts.

Yea I usually solder. So this wire is dark green and not yellow like I was thinking it would be....?

Lentsnh2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I usually solder. So this wire is dark green and not yellow like I was thinking it would be....?

That, I do not know. Maybe someone else can chime in with that answer. If worst comes to worst, you can always look at the Factory Service Manual and trace the wire.

The 'ER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just probe the wire with a test light and turn truck to run. If power is not present until the key is in run/acc then it is switched. My wiring did not match the schematic I got from my dealership so I probed all my wires when I did my DD conversion.

blaqout

King Yukon
Reaction score
I have a 2001 Suburban and the ACC/Radio wire is dark green for mine, but definitely probe it if you can first to make sure.

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Camera kit came today. I am going to run the power for the monitor to the reverse light, just like the camera. This way the monitor only comes on in reverse with the camera. Do I need to fuse this run of wire?

The 'ER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Camera kit came today. I am going to run the power for the monitor to the reverse light, just like the camera. This way the monitor only comes on in reverse with the camera. Do I need to fuse this run of wire?

It never hurts to have a fuse but you shouldn't need one. I like thermal breakers as there is no fuse to change just wait 5 seconds and it will power again. So much easier for under $5.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If connecting the monitor to the reverse light wire, you can splice into a light green wire on the drivers side of the dash, its a harness that runs up the windshield post to the rearview mirror. You can grab the harness in the dash right above the fuse panel when you pop that cover off. Easy as hell to get to it.

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the install is finished. I found out that the monitor turns on when it detects a video signal and off when it doesn't. There were a few different dark green wires in the dash, so I just spliced into the radio harness pink wire that said "Ignition Switched 12V" and spliced into the radio harness ground wire. Worked out well! Thanks for the help guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzarr

Latest posts