Talked to my guy and NEED advice BODY DROP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He said redoing the suspension and body dropping it will be 8 grand.. 5 for the body drop and three grand in a new gas tank , brake booster yada yada...

Soooooo.... Whats up... gimme some feedback... should i go ahead and do the damn thing... or chill where i am a while..

Im thinking body drop...massive cowl hood, full roof sliding rag top and 8/6/tweet combos in the doors with nasty center consoles and 6 12s... Paint the whole truck in silver white and gold graphics and dip the whole think in magenta kandy.

Attachments

• bodydrop.jpg
    bodydrop.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 63

BlackDenali

Roof Rack ****
Reaction score
I would kill to have my truck sit as low as yours!!! You just got it back and your sending it away again...................Sick!!!!!!!! :cool:

I say leave it where its at and do some crazy interior work!!! My .02

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Haha dude I would say chill for a while, you don't want to overdo the truck and all that money is not worth like 2" more of drop.
If you cut it up too much and put all that money in it you may never want to let it go, so basically you will be stuck with iy for atleast 10 years, that is if you're not rich as hell (which I suspect with all these mods)??

OP
OP
MOBmentality

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha dude I would say chill for a while, you don't want to overdo the truck and all that money is not worth like 2" more of drop.
If you cut it up too much and put all that money in it you may never want to let it go, so basically you will be stuck with iy for atleast 10 years, that is if you're not rich as hell (which I suspect with all these mods)??

well its like EIGHT more inches... lol... not rich just lucky enough to have enough work that i can put the time into to afford my hobbies

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
DUDE. With that kinda money get some preformance mods going. You could supercharge it for less and make it SCREAM!!!!

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
Yeah bro' screw that $8K for a few more inches. What is the point, it's not gonna be visually that different the body is pretty much on the ground and laying frame only is important to guys that are into laying frame. I totally feel you and know how much those last few inches is under your skin but you could use that scrilla to make the outside way unique. The full rag top is something I want to do and would be sick, you could change that grill' lol, and as much as agreeing with RT kills me I would go supercharger and some performance mods before laying frame, then you could dust the **** out of the ricers in your sick as land yacht....

Personally I am not into how low your truck is(but I like your truck), I am all about lowered but I think laying frame and sitting so low the wheels camber in looks ***. For me it's all about balance and I think any vehicle looks tighter and more balanced with the wheels just tucked under the fenders but that's just me. It looks like your truck ate your wheels when they get as low as yours but I still dig all the custom work and respect the fact that different folks are into different shot but I'm not the one needing advice on weather or not to sink another $8K into my whip so I thought I'd put my .02 in.

Then there is always the option of kicking me a few grand so I can just get the few simple things I want done, bags, roll pan, shave door handles and such......

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
^^^ shaving your handles and putting touch sensors in would be cool too. I wanna know where you can get an extra 8 inches. It looks like its less than an inch off the ground already. That way you could get a sick ass viper system and pop the doors open on the remote, or when you put your palm on the door.

OP
OP
MOBmentality

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^ shaving your handles and putting touch sensors in would be cool too. I wanna know where you can get an extra 8 inches. It looks like its less than an inch off the ground already. That way you could get a sick ass viper system and pop the doors open on the remote, or when you put your palm on the door.

well im an inch or two from running board.. 8 would be those 2 plus the six inches of running board....

im not sweating speed.. i got 189hp bike that shuts off at 206 WITH a passenger.. lol.. 210 w/o.

Besides im thinking of trying to do a sick ass track ready cts(v?)

But im not totally ready to body drop it either.. its just like was said above.. those last few inches are getting under my skin.. i got that itch...

We are gonna redo the paint regardless and do the big ass sliding rag... and probably that hood..

And apparently a different grill!!!!

(((((FOR SALE SLIGHTLY USED T-REX HEAVY WEAVE GRILL))))

:p

Alex29573

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its not like you can even drive it when its that low.....
get a supercharger!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700