TahoeWhat's 05 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your front lower valence black plastidipped, or is that paint? Looking to make mine black, and preferring to do it via plasti dip, just not sure if that'll work 100%.

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is your front lower valence black plastidipped, or is that paint? Looking to make mine black, and preferring to do it via plasti dip, just not sure if that'll work 100%.

I tried plasti-dip, but being so low, that did not work out so well. Peeled off and such. It is painted now with Krylon fusion for plastic and has held up astonishingly. Ive hit a egg crate, fender, tire, something metal, and numerous other things that tend to find their way on our freeways here and paint is still good and not chipping.

I would recommend taking the valance off and painting it good. Mine is peeling around the fog light area, (inside the fogs) b/c i painted mine on my tahoe and didnt really get that area good.

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run into the same issue on highways here, and had that worry with plasti dip. Which color did you get, and did you put anything else on top of it? I see there is a satin black and a gloss black. How did you go about painting it? By layers I mean, and motion. Basically, could you give me a quick run down on this? It is my next thing, and just got lucky seeing you having done it.

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I run into the same issue on highways here, and had that worry with plasti dip. Which color did you get, and did you put anything else on top of it? I see there is a satin black and a gloss black. How did you go about painting it? By layers I mean, and motion. Basically, could you give me a quick run down on this? It is my next thing, and just got lucky seeing you having done it.

Pm'ed you.

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very Nice Tahoe.

I just got an 05. Looking forward to getting started on it.

Thanks.

Need to update this thread w/ better pics & information.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask away. Ive done quite a bit to my Tahoe.

easybake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the denali rear and front bumpers an exact replacement on the yukons and tahoes?

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are the denali rear and front bumpers an exact replacement on the yukons and tahoes?

In those pics, i do not have a denali bumper on, only painted bumpers.

Denali rear bumper will go yes, no problems. Just switch it out.

Denali front will not go on tahoe, whole different front end. Yukon as well, grille / lights etc would have to be changed.

Look at this pic, fellow member jomulk56 has a look a like denali front bumper on his tahoe. http://www.flickr.com/photos/117479665@N06/13094506024/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907