Tahoe/Yukon Headlight Information Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mention that NBS have success putting HIDs in Depo projectors. What about putting HIDs in stock NBS Denali projectors, I'd imagine the result would be the same?

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure tbh but from what I've heard the DEPO housings put out a better beam pattern with HIDs than the Denali ones. Hopefully someone who knows for sure can chime in and maybe even post some output shots.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure tbh but from what I've heard the DEPO housings put out a better beam pattern with HIDs than the Denali ones. Hopefully someone who knows for sure can chime in and maybe even post some output shots.

correct the cut off and projector itself aren't as good.

FreeIndeed

Reaction score
Thanks for all the original info. I used it in making my decision. I used to run stock with Silverstar ultras until I bought my wife a Lincoln Aviator. The HID's on the Aviator are absolutely amazing at night and I hated going back to my truck for night driving. I had already had to replace one of the stock Denali housings (deer!), so I had one original housing and one Depo.
I went with the 55w Innovited kit on Amazon. 5000K. The color is so much better and the output is better than Silverstars IMO. However, I noticed that my original housing wasn;t nearly as bright as the Depo housing. I got a new HID bulb to check , but it turned out that the OEM housing was just old and dirty. I read about taking the projector housing apart and cleaning it and said - nope - so I ordered another Depo.
So, 2 Depo Denlai projector housings and the Innovited retrofit kit. I love the color. Theo output is good, but as has been mentioned, the beam spread isn't optimal. To me it seems aimed too low, so your bright spots are closer to the truck than you'd want. I also did the 4 HI mod and I like that since I drive country highway every night.

If I had it to do again, I still would. I like them over the stock setup and so far haven't had any problems. I added a set of LED fogs at 500K to get the front matched. I'll try to get a goot output shot or two and post them.

FreeIndeed

Reaction score
Forgot to add, I bought a set of ricer looking projectors for the RV (from ebay) and installed them maybe a year ago. There is now a thin plastic layer peeling off them, like a clearcoat peeling or something. I only mention this in case you are looking at those type of headlights. I would advise against it.

crabbman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Yes I am playing around with this as well. Sure would like to pursue it more. I have a 2002 GMC YUKON XLT/AUTORIDE.
It looks like i need two projectors,not sure what a DEPO is?
Is there two projectors out there some where that would fit this 2002 yukon?
I have been look shopping and the KENSUN product line looks real good.
Yes I have experience a ride with a friends hid lights and was really impressed.

crabbman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you Fosscore. This helps. Great Amazon post.
Is this the real deal?
I am gun shy from all the posts here about hid lights (soulsea).
Good day.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The above posts are spot on about HIDs. For a retrofit from halogens to HiIDs the guys above know what they are talking about.

This Amazon post is for the Depo projector headlight for your year Yukon as my year Tahoe of course is a different light assembly due to the different front end.

This is merely to replace your existing headlights. The Depos come with a pretty good halogen bulb. And the light output and cut off is pretty damn good.

Now if you want to take it a step further, then you can dig deeper into this thread and look into properly retrofitting your projector assemblies with HIDs. Then you will have an amazing setup and play within the HID vs plug n play pros and cons as laid out here. Hope that makes sense.

@crabbman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3