Tahoe/Yukon Double Console Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EfiniMotorsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wood grain on the two pieces you posted the pics of come separate from the pewter painted plastic. If you look at the back side you can see where they melted tabs to hold the pieces together. If you cut them down you can pull them apart so you can sand/paint and get a nice clean edge. The only one that doesn't come apart is the dash wood grain. Be careful with that piece too. The wood grain on the lower parts of the console is pretty tough and mild solvents won't hurt it. The dash wood grain has a clear film that almost any solvent will pull up

OP
OP
Madgrty

Madgrty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I realized that after, full dissasembled everything this time since there were a couple spots that weren’t perfect anyways. Brought the pewter pieces up to work so i could sand blast them and if the weather gets warm enough over the weekend I’ll respray again. Hopefully picking up my rear seats this weekend also

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Nice, so much exterior mods, love to see an interior project once in a while.
:popcorn:

OP
OP
Madgrty

Madgrty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m happy with how it looks on the exterior, only thing I’m currently still wanting to do is lower it a little more and do the rear wiper arm delete (weld and paint) and figure out something to plug the front license plate holes but that’ll be later. Coilover kit will happen sometime early next year so that’ll fix the lowering issue. Gotta finish the interior first though. I did just get these pics the other day...374EAE26-85FE-45D9-89BA-D783A35E2789.jpeg A65CF4DF-B411-4B2D-8B8B-8C626EAD5387.jpeg

As far as the current project goes though, the only thing I’ve gotten done was finishing these and plastic-welding them back together. They aren’t perfect but I’m happy with them, they are much better now than they were before. I’ll be swapping out my current console with the Denali console soon. Planned on replacing the carpet also while I’m at it since the seats need to come out but I just haven’t had the time.

Also still waiting to get the rear seats and I can’t start mocking up the double console until I have those. Hopefully I’ll come across something soon!
0F68753F-C601-4C83-89E1-302DC011DDB5.jpeg 1F39C704-7FF9-4605-A82E-250C20AC0E4E.jpeg 092C352A-C8EB-4BE5-BE6E-B7895DB0A54D.jpeg

OP
OP
Madgrty

Madgrty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got started on getting the Denali console in for now. Wanted to see how everything worked and needed to take some measurements with the console out anyways. A7E7CF77-D057-40ED-BFC7-0CF8DADEC07C.jpeg
Incase anyone was curious in the difference of the Bose Denali amp verse the Bose standard amp here they are. My original on left and Denali on right.
FBAE4E3C-ED60-4638-B5B7-5A1C226F094B.jpeg
Anyways I got the console in, the parts I painted being broken from shipping didn’t hold together where i had fixed them sadly, so I’m just going to start off with pieces in better condition and go from there (you can see where the bin on the lower dash part of the console lost the door and the cup holders fell back in). Need to pick up another set for the rear when that time comes anyways so tomorrow will be a day at a few junkyards. Maybe I’ll get lucky and find some seats finally too!

Also need to find a way to fix the Denali dash crack above the Gauge cluster but these console pieces were pretty bad after arriving from shipping.
6ABAA8CD-7D98-431F-BBE0-6A2BB744895F.jpeg
Console looks amazing, much better than the original console. Only issue I’m currently having is my radio won’t play anymore. I took it apart several times trying factory amp and console wiring or Denali amp and factory wiring and nothing. Checked underhood “amp fuse” and it was fine too. Radio is an aftermarket Pioneer app radio 4, and even though I plan to delete the factory stereo entirely, it would be nice for it to work for now still if anyone has any ideas.

OP
OP
Madgrty

Madgrty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know anywhere that can re-simulate the wood grain? Hydro-dip would probably be the best/easiest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018