Tahoe to Esky, How to swap rear windows?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
fubar

fubar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i colored match mine also only to find out it doesnt fit my OEM tahoe Glass. :emotions122:

I still havent check mine fits lol
but did measured it up and looks to be the same size. I have mine scheduled to get painted on thursday. Shet ama take off mine and install the esky one before just to make sure unlike travieso lol

OP
OP
fubar

fubar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well haven't color match yet.. been lazy these last few weeks.. hehe.

Idk, maybe I will end up selling it who knows and shiet.

Stay tuned

Sent with my rooted eVo using Tapatalk.

OP
OP
fubar

fubar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
open up lift glass. Undo your 3rd brake light. 2 phillips screws. Take it out, follow plug to headliner unplug it. Pull light out. Then there is a C clip that secures the glass. If you look on top of the roof, meaning look where you just took the 3rd brake light out from. Look on the left and right sides of the glass. You will see what looks like a hinge. There is a C clip on both sides. Pull it out, i had to get aggressive w/ mine, But still works fine. Once those clips are off. HOLD THE GLASS. Then proceed to take off the shock absorbers(whatever they are called) that hold the glass up. Just a flat head (hard to explain this one) but pop up a little bracket on them and they pop off. HOLD THE GLASS, it will fall. Then once those are off, pull the glass to the left, May have to take off the left vent. I did. then it slides right off. Put on escalade one in reverse. Just did this, its easy if you just look at it, This might make sense better.

and there is a thread on this, i found them. Just didnt save it. ill see if i can find it.

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/...r-window-w-third-brake-light.html#post3204645
http://www.chevytahoeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25836

Hey bud are these the screws you were referring to?

hatch.gif

02YuNali916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you dont unscrew that, i think he ment on the tahoe light..... i just installed mine last week, not colored match but still riding with it haha

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey bud are these the screws you were referring to?

hatch.gif

yeah my prev. post is confusing. just reread it. lol.

No, there are no screws for removing the lift glass. No screws at all. THe only screws are for the third brake light you have now. The tahoe brake light. You have to take it off.

For the glass, close the hatch, which it looks like you have the hatch open in that pic, close it and open only the glass part. Look kind of right where you put the arrows on that pic, where those srews are and you will see little C- clips taht are holding it on, Left and right side, only 1 of these per side. Take them off, then sllide the glass over to the left, Might have to take off the vent caps. (i did) make sure you undo your defroster plugs also. Slide off, do the same for putting on in reverse. Sllide it back on, put the c clips back and your done.

If you want i'll try to get a pic if you need.

OP
OP
fubar

fubar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah my prev. post is confusing. just reread it. lol.

No, there are no screws for removing the lift glass. No screws at all. THe only screws are for the third brake light you have now. The tahoe brake light. You have to take it off.

For the glass, close the hatch, which it looks like you have the hatch open in that pic, close it and open only the glass part. Look kind of right where you put the arrows on that pic, where those srews are and you will see little C- clips taht are holding it on, Left and right side, only 1 of these per side. Take them off, then sllide the glass over to the left, Might have to take off the vent caps. (i did) make sure you undo your defroster plugs also. Slide off, do the same for putting on in reverse. Sllide it back on, put the c clips back and your done.

If you want i'll try to get a pic if you need.

haha yeap.. well did it today, found those infamous C Clips, swapped rear glass and here is a capture of it

picture.jpg

BTW: Removing the left vent did it too so that way you slide the glass window out of the hinges to the left.

Thanks for all the help guys

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks good. really like that color, is it a stock color on a tahoe. Cant remember ever seeing one that blue. Realy like it. Color match everything, would be sweet looking.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
huh, just looked it up, seen a few, maybe its the lighting making it look different. Either way, looks good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebuilttahoe03