Tahoe swaying after leveling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbepro

Reaction score
I apologize, i was hoping these would be the final answer to our problems, but then i looked at the instructions and remembered these are extended bumpstops for an H3 Hummer. And looking at this pic the stock H3 bumpstops appear to be shorter than a Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade one.

But there is hope that Trail Duty will make extended bumstops for us since they just need to be longer!

i will contact Trail Duty, unless someone here knows them and asks them to make some for Tahoe/Escalade/Yukons.

Trail_Duty.jpg

Last edited:

justinlw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where's the 2"? All I see is 1/2" and 1". I'm going a different route this weekend. I feel if you extend the rubber, you add flex. The best solution would be to bring the stock elastomer to the right position. I'm planning to weld a 1"-1-1/2" piece of pipe to the back of the stop cup, weld a mount bolt in place to hold it on in the stock location, and reinstall. I'm hoping this will be the answer. I'm going to have the front end pulled apart to rebuild, so we'll see what happens.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

By 1"-1-1/2" I mean length. I've got some schedule 40 2" pipe that closely matches the diameter of the cup.

cbepro

Reaction score
Yeah i don't know what i was looking at. I think i just saw a "2" somewhere on the screen and got excited.

Extending the cup instead of finding a longer stop sounds like a choice idea.

OP
OP
T

tahoe035.3

Reaction score
Well got the extended bumpstops installed after waiting 2 weeks for delivery without Trail Duty saying anything to me about it. Went for a 10 minute test drive and the results were not that impressive. It soaks up the road 10x better than before, but still does not feel solid, I realize this could be due to other unknown to me factors as well.

Do you have aftermartket keys? And post up the results when you lower it and have the stops touching the control arms or find longer bumpstops, but i think im going to try to just make some of my own like the guy did in that link you posted were he just cut some in half and bolted them on the others to extend them

Last edited:

justinlw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I found an easy solution. Had this idea a while back, just didn't have time to try until tonight. This is 1" x 2" x 3/16" tubing, cut down to 2.375" long. Drilled and bolted to the LCA. Smoothed the ride drastically, got rid of sway and nose dive, and makes the truck feel stable again.

image_zps1f923a28.jpg

justinlw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine feels nearly like it did stock. My 170lb bumper softens the ride a lot, tembren stops will probably take care of it. The truck steers and brakes great with the spacers though.

OP
OP
T

tahoe035.3

Reaction score
Well, I found an easy solution. Had this idea a while back, just didn't have time to try until tonight. This is 1" x 2" x 3/16" tubing, cut down to 2.375" long. Drilled and bolted to the LCA. Smoothed the ride drastically, got rid of sway and nose dive, and makes the truck feel stable again.

image_zps1f923a28.jpg

I think I'm gonna try this instead, how hard was it to drill threw the control arm?

justinlw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easier than drilling the steel stock. It's soft cast, just use a sharp bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman