Tahoe DRL Blinker Switchback LED ReWire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To my knowledge yes the are required, not sure why...

Someone could try not using diodes, but they isolate the current to prevent any feedback that might cause some undesirable results. No way to know really without trying, but they're kind of just a safety net.

Mester320

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
DWebPro

DWebPro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure, see post #23 for the link to the switchbacks and here is the link to the VLED fogs http://www.vleds.com/bulb-type/fog-lights/5202/10-led-drl-fog-light-bulbs-5202-1-pair-2957.html

I had the OPT7 bulbs you recommended and sent them back as they were to blue for me. The VLEDs are a perfect color match to the 5K switchbacks. Also if you see my avatar pic they match the Morimoto HIDs perfectly as well.

If you have any questions just let me know

Thanks, I may give these a try, I have had to have the OPT7 bulbs replaced about 5 times now. They are very cheaply made bulbs and I am tired of changing them out.

Mester320

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I thought the quality sucked too . The front "projector lens" just rattled around in there and they did not fit in the housing with the o-ring left on. The output is about half of the VLEDs

KiLLerSpyder

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did it and boy do I love it..!
I wired without the diode/s with no issue, I still plan on picking them up and putting them in line ( I get the diode basically is stopping the reverse flow of current and it cant hurt )

Wired the grounds back together with one side of the resistors
Wired the other side of the resistors with the each of the BROWN and BLUE leads.
Bolted resistors to the RAD Support, perfect for heat dispersion
Was simpler than I thought once I started, its right there in front of you.
Only one complaint, my switchbacks are to blue for my liking, I will need to purchase whiter ones soon...

Thanks all for your help, pictures tomorrow!
Tonight I'm wiped from the rip down and put back together.

Future projects / dual exhaust, lowering 2/3, custom tuned, interior lights switch out, paint calipers same as body color, and CARSHOW CS-GM1210 radio upgrade

2008 LTZ Hoe
tahoe.png

Last edited:

KiLLerSpyder

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

KiLLerSpyder

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Took a couple pictures, did a video but it sucked so I'll do another one soon...

Dusk or Dawn they look great, mid day not bright enough and to blue.

blue.png
yellow.png

Last edited:

YuCanada

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still one of my favorite mods, especially with projector retro done!

8e5979a91da9c38c6dbebb12dc1a1e48.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts