Tahoe DRL Blinker Switchback LED ReWire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KiLLerSpyder

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In this image the wires that look green with white stripes, did you cut that wire in half and strip it just to wire it in? Hard to tell where those are coming from...
Do you have or can you make an actual wiring diagram or even a rough drawing of all the wires, just not getting it.

20150822_103544_zpsrvaaxopt.jpg

Mester320

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The striped wire is cut in half so you can include the resistor and blue wire from the new DRL socket inline with the striped wire. Does that make sense? If not let me know and I can try to explain better. I just did this and will have the bumper off again this weekend I will try to get a full pic of the back of the light but everything is taped up so i will do my best.

Mester320

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to thank DWebPro for the great write up. I just did this mod and this thread made my life so much easier! I used all of the same components as DWebPro except for the resistors and switchback leds. I wanted 5000K instead of 6000K.

I purchased these "3157 Switchback LED Bulb - Dual Function 60 SMD LED Tower - B Type - Wedge Retrofit" from superbrightleds.com. You can just click on the link. These are a pure white light, no yellow or blue. I wanted to match my 5000K Morimoto HID lowbeams. I could not be happier with my choice. They are more pricey at $15 per bulb but they are BRIGHT!

Also finding LED fog lights in a true pure white 5000K for our trucks is much harder than you would think. I bought the OPT7 plasma bulbs but they were way to blue for my liking. So I searched and searched until I found a set on VLEDs and they promised me they are a pure white. They are in the mail now so I will post a pic this weekend once they are in.

If you have any questions I would be more than happy to help out.

Mester320

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture comparing stock to the new switchbacks. Such a great mod!

5ec4e8f973580b3d44a153fecab49ce0.jpg

I will get a few tomorrow of the finished product w/ the matching fogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KiLLerSpyder

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just orders my new headlight canisters, switchbacks, sockets, and resistors / Cant wait...!

Once I have the frontend off I should see the wiring as explained, be on the lookout here just incase.

I ordered them ground (Spent tons of money lately on the Tahoe) staying cheap

KiLLerSpyder

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just realized I didn't get these - (2) Epoxy Rectifier Diodes #276-1141 By RadioShack, are they a must? I did get the resistors however, I've read directions in other post and those weren't mentioned. I just read here that may not be true..

I'm afraid to say I'm still confused on the wiring

Mester320

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little delayed but as promised here are a few pics. I will try to get a few more if needed they are just so bright the camera has a hard time focusing at night. I will get some day shots maybe tomorrow.

Stock fog bulb on left, new 5K VLED bulb on the right
055e9e693cec39dc72082047c1c7cd8e.jpg

Both VLED fogs and switchbacks
78b0f961527d89da01abe1ef247be491.jpg

Ground beam pattern w/ switchbacks on(note headlights are not on)
3230bd4472c2267c1425b2bdd9edacd1.jpg

Beam pattern w/ switchbacks on(head lights are not on)
cc52c6171e546eb7490f41df5bcabc9e.jpg

OP
OP
DWebPro

DWebPro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little delayed but as promised here are a few pics. I will try to get a few more if needed they are just so bright the camera has a hard time focusing at night. I will get some day shots maybe tomorrow.

Can you post a link to the fog bulbs? Your 3157 bulbs look a lot brighter than mine and I think I am going to swap out mine for the bulbs you have. Did you use resistor and diodes as well?

I just realized I didn't get these - (2) Epoxy Rectifier Diodes #276-1141 By RadioShack, are they a must? I did get the resistors however, I've read directions in other post and those weren't mentioned. I just read here that may not be true..

I'm afraid to say I'm still confused on the wiring

To my knowledge yes the are required, not sure why...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JIMEMAC33