Tahoe 2022 order - delays?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh gosh I hope not soon. Last year the cut off was august for 21. Then October they started 22 production
I think if someone had to wait 6+ months at this point, you might as well just wait for a 2023. Another full year for GM to work out the bugs and they might put other features back into the vehicle like HD radio. Heck, the Yukon Denalis might get the Super Cruise option.

By 2023, GM has to do something to up their game since the Toyota Sequioa and Ford Expedition would also be competing with the new GM 1/2 ton full size SUVs.

Reaction score
Ok, last question until this truck arrives.. after almost 2 months, was delivered to the rail yard on 2/5. Average time until
Delivery to the northeast?

BigWedWig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So here is the thing. We ordered vehicle in October. October 15th I got my order number. November 12 is when the salesman texted me "Great news. GM has started to build your Tahoe..". I went couple of days later and checked on Chevrolet's website and to this date I am getting update that GM has not accepted my order. When I would get connected with representative on Chevrolet's chat they say it has been accepted but no target production week. December 21st I got another message from our salesman saying I am looking at 8-10 weeks for arrival and that my order is at 1100 status. Around the same time Chevrolet said it's in the batch that would be next in line to be scheduled for production. January 3rd I checked in with Chevrolet still no production target week. Salesman responded with "Your vehicle is not on the line yet. They are prepping up to start the build." (Mind you I have text from November where he said GM started to build the Tahoe". January 14th I was told it's being built, no VIN and still 8-12 weeks away. Yesterday I reached back out only to be told it's still in 1100 and "boss says another 3 months before you get it". I asked if there was a reason for absolutely no progress. No real answer to that. And then was told "patience is key" and "stay positive".

I understand it takes time. We are down to 1 vehicle that can accommodate our family, I am about to have our third kid and ordered new Tahoe as soon as they opened the 2022 orders. At this point I am pissed off, have no idea whom I can talk to to get actual information and tell me what the hell is going on. I know I am not the only one who is waiting for order and don't want to look like I think world is spinning around me. But this is incredibly frustrating especially when I am seeing other people having their vehicles ordered later and they already got it or they have target production week.
Why would stay at this dealership? They are clearly not telling you the truth. You have nothing invested in them. 1100 just means they’ve put an order in. Go to the dealership on your area that has the highest volume of sales. They get the most allocations.

OP
OP
M

Mikejla91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why would stay at this dealership? They are clearly not telling you the truth. You have nothing invested in them. 1100 just means they’ve put an order in. Go to the dealership on your area that has the highest volume of sales. They get the most allocations.
Because I live on Oahu. The other two dealerships are not accepting any custom orders whatsover. I called and asked. And the one I went to is the one with highest volume of sales and they have plenty of allocations. I switched my deposit to another Tahoe that should be here early next month that’s as close to what I ordered as possible. I was not going to drop 70k on vehicle that is not 4WD with nothing extra and LS model.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I also read recently that one of the Higher volume dealerships in St Louis, Had 60 Backorders of Yukons... I don't care how many allocations you have... that still a long line to wait in. Higher volume doesn't necessarily mean you are closer to the finish line....

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also read recently that one of the Higher volume dealerships in St Louis, Had 60 Backorders of Yukons... I don't care how many allocations you have... that still a long line to wait in. Higher volume doesn't necessarily mean you are closer to the finish line....
Which dealership is that? Was it this one? https://www.laurabuickgmc.com/ Is their price as competitive as ROBIDEAUX MOTORS?

Honestly, I don't care about the wait. In fact, if I were bumped to 2023, that would be better. Another year for GM to work out the issues and GM should have the supply chain stuff largely figured out by then. It would have to because it would have significant competition by then as well from Ford and Toyota.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it was Laura. I almost dropped an order there last spring till I got lucky and found mine inbound with no owner. Big dealers are just as overwhelmed as small ones. No guarantee you will get a vehicle there faster. My local chevy dealer had 28 backorders for Corvettes. Said some people won't get theirs for 2.5 years. He gets one a month. Not one has backed out so far...

Dkay51

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any ideas what the delays are looking like for Canada? I had a 2021 Tahoe high country with issues non stop. Had for sure a bad one out of a batch. I’ve been waiting for a 2022 Tahoe since November 2021 still and the dealership here is absolutely awful to deal with. Not one single update from them and any time I ask them for an update, they tell me you can’t have a high country and features. But they are holding my money like hostages towards the 2022. GM Canada has made them remove all commission, freight and GM Canada is adding in a little too to cover the cost. I’m still putting up a fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz