2022 Tahoe Z71 Order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Highway

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My order for my 2022 Tahoe was made in February, I inquired about it 2 months ago and they stated it was built but could not provide me any additional info. The dealership stated that it was awaiting a critical part, probably a semi conductor. I still have not received it and now I see 2023’s coming in. Does anyone have any insight on what is going on with the 2022’s?

Thanks, Jeff

marvcus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You may have better luck ordering a ‘23 and seeing which comes in first. Seem like 23s are being delivered while 22s are in permahold.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have an honest conversation with your dealer about the situation. Sure they may not have any clue about yours but if that's the case, I'd ask if they could find out some info...ask a regional rep, ask GM, see if they can give you an answer other than...you'll get it someday.

During that conversation ask about the possibility of ordering a 23...granted we don't know if you put down a deposit or if this is your first time buying from them or if you've bought 20 vehicles from them...but if they balk at ordering a 23, don't burn the bridge on the 22, but reach out to another dealer about ordering a 23.

They'll probably want to keep you as the buyer for the 22 because even though they shouldn't have any issues selling it, there may be a point where it's delayed enough that other buyers would question why a 22 is arriving so late into the 23 build year.

As far as exactly what may be holding yours up, ultimately it doesn't matter as it's not like GM or you dealer is going to do anything about it. No rhyme or reason for when the 99.9% completed vehicles get the final .1%...

Probably the only benefit of staying with the 22 is that I'd expect the MSRP to be a couple grand cheaper than a 23

8 month wait for something built in Feb is a little much...most of the ones "stuck" in Midlothian were built in late March-June...there have been several examples of 23 Tahoes being ordered/accepted/built/delivered in 30-45 days, which although it isn't the normal ordering timeframe, there have been enough of them to say the builds are moving quicker

Craigy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMO cancel the 2022 order and try to find a 2023 in stock that is close enough to what you want.

Again IMO, I would not want a 2022, for several reasons
) an extra year of depreciation before you even take delivery
2) you could be missing standard features that they will "add back" for you two years from now (2023s are not missing this content for the most part) and
3) worst case your 2022 has been sitting in a field somewhere for like 6mos getting paint oxidized and chewed up by rats waiting on parts

Unless you are seeing vehicles on lots or in-transit with the options you want, those options are probably on constraint, with no end in sight.

Craigy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have an honest conversation with your dealer about the situation. Sure they may not have any clue about yours but if that's the case, I'd ask if they could find out some info...ask a regional rep, ask GM, see if they can give you an answer other than...you'll get it someday.

During that conversation ask about the possibility of ordering a 23...granted we don't know if you put down a deposit or if this is your first time buying from them or if you've bought 20 vehicles from them...but if they balk at ordering a 23, don't burn the bridge on the 22, but reach out to another dealer about ordering a 23.

They'll probably want to keep you as the buyer for the 22 because even though they shouldn't have any issues selling it, there may be a point where it's delayed enough that other buyers would question why a 22 is arriving so late into the 23 build year.

As far as exactly what may be holding yours up, ultimately it doesn't matter as it's not like GM or you dealer is going to do anything about it. No rhyme or reason for when the 99.9% completed vehicles get the final .1%...

Probably the only benefit of staying with the 22 is that I'd expect the MSRP to be a couple grand cheaper than a 23

8 month wait for something built in Feb is a little much...most of the ones "stuck" in Midlothian were built in late March-June...there have been several examples of 23 Tahoes being ordered/accepted/built/delivered in 30-45 days, which although it isn't the normal ordering timeframe, there have been enough of them to say the builds are moving quicker

I think a month or two ago this was a good reason to keep the 2022 on order but at this point you could probably get a discount on a 2023.

Crabby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMO cancel the 2022 order and try to find a 2023 in stock that is close enough to what you want.

Again IMO, I would not want a 2022, for several reasons
) an extra year of depreciation before you even take delivery
2) you could be missing standard features that they will "add back" for you two years from now (2023s are not missing this content for the most part) and
3) worst case your 2022 has been sitting in a field somewhere for like 6mos getting paint oxidized and chewed up by rats waiting on parts

Unless you are seeing vehicles on lots or in-transit with the options you want, those options are probably on constraint, with no end in sight.
You are correct about the condition of the truck. Mine was built in April and sat in some lot till it got to the dealer last week. I picked it up on a rainy day so I couldn't really see all the crap on the paint. After a lot of elbow grease it shines like a beauty. It has a retrofit of heated and ventilated front seats, second row heated seats and front and rear park assist. I hope it doesn't take two years for retrofit.

OP
OP
H

Highway

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you all for your thoughtful replies, they will be very helpful in moving forward with my decision.

ddivinia

Reaction score
A new car sitting outside in Texas all summer... Heck, may have hail damage also.

I would go with a 2023.

D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC

Latest posts