2022 Tahoe - Compass and Automatic Time/Date Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crzylgs

Reaction score
I took my 2022 Tahoe in for the park assist retrofit and they had some issues getting the module to work. They determined it was a bad module and used tried another one and got it workings. During the interim they tried several things to get the bad module working and was unable to get the vehicle to start or do anything. The new module seemed to resolve those issues quickly but the compass is stuck on North and the automatic time and date are no longer accurate (thinks it’s 2018).

My guess is they reset something during the troubleshooting phase of trying to get the bad module working.

I was wondering if anyone has tips to fix without having to take it back there since my trust has been shaken with them.

Thanks.

sschevelle4

Reaction score
Your Onstar module may have gone bad.
Here’s my experience: one day my 22 Premier Duramax was dead in the garage. Had it towed in, turns out an update the dealer did caused an issue with the rear lift gate module. The lift gate module was waking up the BCM constantly, never letting the vehicle go to “sleep” and thus nuked the battery. Replaced the battery and now the compass, Wi-Fi, maps, clock, onstar, are all not working. Back to the dealer. Tech states it’s a bad onstar module which controls basically all of the connectivity. Guess what? The part is on national backorder and only produced by a 3rd party manufacturer specifically for onstar. No ETA on the part. So tomorrow we leave for a road trip in a $72k truck with no Wi-Fi, no navigation, (can connect CarPlay), no onstar and a clock that you have to reset every time you start the truck. I like this Tahoe but man, all the tech issues makes it hard to be happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts