Tahoe 2022 order - delays?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikejla91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,

We ordered the new Tahoe 2022 on October 11th. To this date, the order has been stuck on 1100 status. I got in touch with our dealership, and I was told I am looking at another three months before the vehicle gets here (Hawaii). I keep trying to find out if there are any delays. Or how does the process work since I have seen people who ordered theirs month or so later and already have production week etc? I ordered LT, 4WD, Duramax with luxury and entertainment packages. I keep getting conflicting updates; Chevrolet/GM says one thing, dealership another. Do I keep waiting and hope for the best? Do I cancel the order? So I order something else?

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ask your dealer if anything you ordered is on constraint or not able to be ordered.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like shipping to Hawaii maybe the issue, maybe have it shipped to a US dealer and then ship it yourself to Hawaii, not sure if this can be done or the cost

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM needs to get their act together. The gravy train is going to end soon once GM's competitors in the 1/2 ton based short wheel base SUV market start ramping up production.

Ford just started producing the updated 2022 Expedition and Toyota just revealed the 2023 Sequoia that will start being delivered in the summer of 2022.

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM needs to get their act together. The gravy train is going to end soon once GM's competitors in the 1/2 ton based short wheel base SUV market start ramping up production.

Ford just started producing the updated 2022 Expedition and Toyota just revealed the 2023 Sequoia that will start being delivered in the summer of 2022.

I’ll be honest when I say that the ‘23 Sequoia looks pretty nice. I’ve had 2 Tundras in a row and they are by far the most reliable vehicles I’ve ever owner. I was planning on switching back to the Tahoe because I love the way it looks, but if I can get a new Sequoia sooner, and probably cheaper, then I may have to change my mind.

gaffster01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are at 1100 it means GM hasn’t accepted your order to build it. Check with Linton on GM inside news.

OP
OP
M

Mikejla91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you are at 1100 it means GM hasn’t accepted your order to build it. Check with Linton on GM inside news.
So here is the thing. We ordered vehicle in October. October 15th I got my order number. November 12 is when the salesman texted me "Great news. GM has started to build your Tahoe..". I went couple of days later and checked on Chevrolet's website and to this date I am getting update that GM has not accepted my order. When I would get connected with representative on Chevrolet's chat they say it has been accepted but no target production week. December 21st I got another message from our salesman saying I am looking at 8-10 weeks for arrival and that my order is at 1100 status. Around the same time Chevrolet said it's in the batch that would be next in line to be scheduled for production. January 3rd I checked in with Chevrolet still no production target week. Salesman responded with "Your vehicle is not on the line yet. They are prepping up to start the build." (Mind you I have text from November where he said GM started to build the Tahoe". January 14th I was told it's being built, no VIN and still 8-12 weeks away. Yesterday I reached back out only to be told it's still in 1100 and "boss says another 3 months before you get it". I asked if there was a reason for absolutely no progress. No real answer to that. And then was told "patience is key" and "stay positive".

I understand it takes time. We are down to 1 vehicle that can accommodate our family, I am about to have our third kid and ordered new Tahoe as soon as they opened the 2022 orders. At this point I am pissed off, have no idea whom I can talk to to get actual information and tell me what the hell is going on. I know I am not the only one who is waiting for order and don't want to look like I think world is spinning around me. But this is incredibly frustrating especially when I am seeing other people having their vehicles ordered later and they already got it or they have target production week.

OP
OP
M

Mikejla91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds like a crappy dealer. Ask to talk to the ordering manager.
Sounds like it. We have only 3 dealers here on the island. And I am at loss what to do. Do I request refund and go to the other one? Do I go thru dealership on a mainland and see if they could ship it here? I don't even know what are my options at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz