Tahoe 2022 order - delays?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Mikejla91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just talked to my dealer and he said the Arlington plant was shut down for 3 weeks in January. So I guess that’s why my order has been at 1100.
Eh. I would ask here (check the link) about your order and see what the actual hold-up was/is. https://www.gminsidenews.com/threads/chevrolet-order-tracking.117663/page-513 - That is what another member/members recommended and probably the first time I ever got a clear answer. Oddly enough I was not able to get a straight answer from the salesman or the manager at my dealership. I was the one who told them what I read about constraints and they were completely clueless.

OP
OP
M

Mikejla91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My take is that you shouldn't rely on your dealer for information, they are useless. I have 4 dealers nearby, and they all just tell me to be patient. You can get better information on this forum. I too have had a Tahoe Premiere on order since they opened up, and I too am still at 1100. The best information I have heard seems to indicate that there won't be any luxury packages produced until at least March, and even then, the numbers are likely to be limited. I'm in a position that I can wait, but if you can't you might want to think about another make or model. Just my 2 cents worth.
Yeah, I learned that the hard way. I was pretty annoyed, to be honest. But luckily I found this forum as well as got the recommendation for the GM inside news (or whatever it is called). I ended up getting another Tahoe that had target production week today. Should be here between 4-6 weeks (fingers crossed). It's not exactly what I wanted but close enough. Once the situation calms down and we are back on the mainland I will get exactly what I want at that point. I hope your order gets to you sooner rather than later and all goes smoothly!

OP
OP
M

Mikejla91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It looks like you were able to score one that was coming in. If not, drop the RSE. It’s not worth the cost. Just buy some iPads and stick them back there for the kids. That’s what I did and it is so much easier.

Keep the bench! We had captains chairs in our previous vehicle and I am so glad I went with the bench for this one. It suits my family better.
I had to essentially take the captains chairs. None of the vehicles coming in had bench and this one was the only 4WD they had coming. That was what was available on the vehicle that was "closest" to what I had ordered. We won't keep the vehicle indefinitely, once the situation calms down and we are back on a mainland, we will order everything we wanted. Our options were extremely limited here on Oahu.

OP
OP
M

Mikejla91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just got an update on the other order I accepted: Congratulations! Your vehicle has been produced. It is important to know that shipping arrangements will take place next and your selling dealer is the best source for additional detail on that process.

OP
OP
M

Mikejla91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got update today that vehicle is on rail from TX to CA. Looks like things are moving fast now.

OP
OP
M

Mikejla91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How long ago did you order yours?
So, my original order was placed on 10/11/2021. To this date, the vehicle is sitting at 1100 and there has been no progress (+from my understanding that's due to constraints). It does not seem like there will be any anytime soon. The dealership had another one ordered "slightly" different - No Duramax, bucket instead of a bench, and no RES. Similar color. And since we are pushing how much longer we can wait, I decided to accept the other one. It looks like that vehicle was ordered later than mine.

Rradford45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same. First one I ordered had constraints that we didn’t know about. The salesman never told or asked if we wanted to take anything off. We went by the dealership because we have our own financing. Ended up talking to the sales manager and he told our order would just be sitting there. We left and went to another dealership and ordered one. At this point I would take anything since I sold my truck and having to borrow a vehicle.

OP
OP
M

Mikejla91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same. First one I ordered had constraints that we didn’t know about. The salesman never told or asked if we wanted to take anything off. We went by the dealership because we have our own financing. Ended up talking to the sales manager and he told our order would just be sitting there. We left and went to another dealership and ordered one. At this point I would take anything since I sold my truck and having to borrow a vehicle.
Ugh. I feel ya. Have you tried looking up inventory on Chevrolet's website and see what dealers have available? Maybe even out of the state? I kid you not, I called like 20-25 dealerships in Oregon, California, Arizona etc. Most of the vehicles were already pre-sold but they did have some here and there available. I just happened to score one coming here to Hawaii which is a blessing but I was getting ready to purchase something out of state and add couple thousand dollars for shipping it from mainland.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When is GM projected to switch over to model year 2023 production?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA