synthetic fluids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbogue4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2008 yukon w/60,000 miles and I want to change the trany fluid and rear end fluid.The vehicle is 4X4 not lifted and stock height just 22's.I want to keep this truck a long time and want to treat it to the best fluids.Can someone tell me what sythetic trany fluid to use and weight and rear diff as well.
I was wondering if someone new what part # the trany filter is as well.
Thanks

cam3439

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Amsoil, and they should be able to get you a filter for your trans as well. They even have a guide online so that you can order the right stuff. Amsoil has been pretty good to me, and that's with a Tahoe with 170k on the odometer. Knocking on wood, but the engine runs really really smooth/strong and the trans shifts like a dream.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
The tranny fluid should be replaced with the manufacturer recomended stuff that it came with. Can void the warrenty otherwise. Also, the fluid that comes in the tranny is synthetic. I believe it is called Dex6 or something like that.

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tranny fluid should be replaced with the manufacturer recomended stuff that it came with. Can void the warrenty otherwise. Also, the fluid that comes in the tranny is synthetic. I believe it is called Dex6 or something like that.

X2! RP even told me if I used their tranny fluid it would void my warrenty. I did add RP to the rear end though.

Z15

Full Access Member
Reaction score

GM factory fill Dexron VI is not a real synthetic like AMSOIL, RP etc.

AMSOIL has ATF for the Dexron VI spec, been using it in my 2008 GM for over 30,000 miles.

---------> More info on ATF

atl_qt_900.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyC