Suspension Refresh. What to do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
‘14 Yukon Denali with 120K miles and all original suspension bits. Time for some attention. Already have rear shocks and front struts ordered. What else would you recommend? Appreciate any suggestions

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
‘14 Yukon Denali with 120K miles and all original suspension bits. Time for some attention. Already have rear shocks and front struts ordered. What else would you recommend? Appreciate any suggestions
Front sway bar links for now. Pretty early for a full front suspension overhaul, but once you get closer to 200K, then upper and lower control arms with ball joints and outer tie rod ends. Surprised you needed front struts already. Rears, yeah those would be due.

OP
OP
Ex Euro Driver

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front sway bar links for now. Pretty early for a full front suspension overhaul, but once you get closer to 200K, then upper and lower control arms with ball joints and outer tie rod ends. Surprised you needed front struts already. Rears, yeah those would be due.
Just getting a little chatter over higher frequency bumps. Just feels like the damping is going away. Figure I’ll do it now and be good for another 100K. I’ll put the end links on the list

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just getting a little chatter over higher frequency bumps. Just feels like the damping is going away. Figure I’ll do it now and be good for another 100K. I’ll put the end links on the list
Is it chatter that you feel mostly in the steering wheel? If so, take a look at the steering rack mount bushings to make sure they're not getting saturated in any leaking oil.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The cost of doing a full front suspension refresh is quite a bit cheaper, labor wise.

Adding larger sway bars with poly bushings along with all the other bits will get you a truck handles better than new and hold your alignment spec’s longer and more accurately.

120k is ripe for a refresh. When completed on my past 08 YXL Denali my initial reaction was: just wow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n