Suspension Compatibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The GMT900 suspension is obviously very different from the GMT800 suspension but recently I read that all Tahoe parts from 07-2020 are compatible.

Is this true?

If so that would open the possibilities

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
The GMT900 suspension is obviously very different from the GMT800 suspension but recently I read that all Tahoe parts from 07-2020 are compatible.

Is this true?

If so that would open the possibilities
My lift kit and coil overs and control arms came off a 2018-2020 Silverado & gmc at4
And I’ve seen people put 2020 breaks on a 07
Everything is pretty much the same

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The GMT900 suspension is obviously very different from the GMT800 suspension ...
Largely due to the differences between recirculating ball vs rack & pinion steering.
Which makes me wonder how similar the rear suspensions are between GMT800 & GMT900 ...
but don't let this interloper hijack your thread idea ...

OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Trey Hardy I think you were the first to bring it to my attention. I want to understand how similar they are, I saw some beefy boxes control arms that said they were compatible 2007-2020 so far I feel confident the struts and control arms are all the same

@Marky Dissod In my research the rear suspension of the GMT800 and GMT900 is identical.

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
Largely due to the differences between recirculating ball vs rack & pinion steering.
Which makes me wonder how similar the rear suspensions are between GMT800 & GMT900 ...
but don't let this interloper hijack your thread idea ...
Actually the rear suspension is the same minus the air shocks and what not but I’ve put lift springs from a 09 in a 03 Tahoe and the trailing arms and panhard bar are the same sway bars the same

From what I’ve worked on seems like the rear suspension in the Tahoes from 99-18 are about identical

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
@Trey Hardy I think you were the first to bring it to my attention. I want to understand how similar they are, I saw some beefy boxes control arms that said they were compatible 2007-2020 so far I feel confident the struts and control arms are all the same

@Marky Dissod In my research the rear suspension of the GMT800 and GMT900 is identical.
Besides the break upgrade what are some “upgrades” you were thinking about man?
I want to do the 2020 breaks on my Silverado and swap in a caliper style 14bolt rear end

OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Trey Hardy My Tahoe build "is complete" so I have no real need right now but In 3-7 years I would like to redo it.

It seems like most of the good kits for the GMT900 were discontinued so I was hoping to find luck in parts made for some of the "current" generations of GM SUVs.

The lift kit that Tozan has is a 4 inch lift kit from Rancho and it includes rear control arm drop brackets and a bunch of other goodies to lift it 4 inches in the most correct manner. I have yet to see a more thorough lift kit.

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
@Trey Hardy My Tahoe build "is complete" so I have no real need right now but In 3-7 years I would like to redo it.

It seems like most of the good kits for the GMT900 were discontinued so I was hoping to find luck in parts made for some of the "current" generations of GM SUVs.

The lift kit that Tozan has is a 4 inch lift kit from Rancho and it includes rear control arm drop brackets and a bunch of other goodies to lift it 4 inches in the most correct manner. I have yet to see a more thorough lift kit.
Pro comp and fabtech make good kits with the rear drop brackets and if not I know you can order them through them because I had to do so with my Tahoe to get rid of the high speed vibration coming from the rear end
Did a adjustable panhard bar with the trailing arm drop brackets and haven’t had a issue since

OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Trey Hardy The problem is I only want to lift it 4 inches and most companies just use longer rear control arms instead of the drop brackets which might be fine but a goal for my next build would be to accomplish my ride height while maintaining near factory control arm angles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
payneml