Surprise! Two diesel orders are on their way to me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Burban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey! Congrats on the new diesel! I’m jealous! As someone else said on here, it’s illegal to hold your money if the purchase isn’t completed. I used to work in new GMC sales here in IL. They might have said “non refundable deposit” but they say that to hope you don’t do your research. If you’re stuck on the SLT - that would be my first approach.

OP
OP
B

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: So I picked up the Denali Tuesday evening. Everything looks good. The small scratch in the front door is gone after they buffed it and there are 2 or 3 very tiny spots in the rear bumper where they used touch up paint, maybe 1/16" in diameter at most. You could never seem them unless you were looking for them. I'm so glad I didn't have them paint over the factory paint.

Some random interesting thoughts I thought I would share:

1) Some of you may remember I also was looking at ordering a Suburban RST (diesel). I sent the dealer an email in early December telling them that I no longer needed it but because of an email snafu, they submitted the order for production anyway. So I got a phone call yesterday saying that my Suburban was here. I guess I should change the title of this thread to "Three diesel orders are on their way to me" :) If anyone is close to the AZ area there are now two diesels (SLT with luxury/max tow and Suburban RST with luxury/max tow) that should be available.

2) Before I traded in my Subaru for the Yukon, I thought I would get it appraised at a Subaru dealership hoping I might be able to get a little more for it. As the guy was test driving my car he was asking what vehicle I am buying and I told him the Yukon XL. He said it's a good thing I'm not getting one of those Wagoneers (They are also a Jeep dealer). I said I actually considered the new Wagoneer "L" and he said the few they've sold have spent most of the time in the shop and a couple have even been lemon-lawed.

3) The salesman that delivered my Yukon personally owned a Sierra truck with the LM2 diesel. He owned it about a year and a half but recently bought a new 2023 with the LZ0 diesel. He said he actually liked the LM2 more. I said "Oh you are just saying that because I got the LM2". He said no, the LM2 seems quieter and he doesn't really notice any difference in power, although maybe slightly more between 50 - 70 MPH. Of course it is just one person's opinion, but an interesting data point regardless.

Here is a quick pic. Definitely is going to take some getting used to:

Attachments

• yukon1.jpg
    yukon1.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 15

Larry07Yukon

Reaction score
Update: So I picked up the Denali Tuesday evening. Everything looks good. The small scratch in the front door is gone after they buffed it and there are 2 or 3 very tiny spots in the rear bumper where they used touch up paint, maybe 1/16" in diameter at most. You could never seem them unless you were looking for them. I'm so glad I didn't have them paint over the factory paint.

Some random interesting thoughts I thought I would share:

1) Some of you may remember I also was looking at ordering a Suburban RST (diesel). I sent the dealer an email in early December telling them that I no longer needed it but because of an email snafu, they submitted the order for production anyway. So I got a phone call yesterday saying that my Suburban was here. I guess I should change the title of this thread to "Three diesel orders are on their way to me" :) If anyone is close to the AZ area there are now two diesels (SLT with luxury/max tow and Suburban RST with luxury/max tow) that should be available.

2) Before I traded in my Subaru for the Yukon, I thought I would get it appraised at a Subaru dealership hoping I might be able to get a little more for it. As the guy was test driving my car he was asking what vehicle I am buying and I told him the Yukon XL. He said it's a good thing I'm not getting one of those Wagoneers (They are also a Jeep dealer). I said I actually considered the new Wagoneer "L" and he said the few they've sold have spent most of the time in the shop and a couple have even been lemon-lawed.

3) The salesman that delivered my Yukon personally owned a Sierra truck with the LM2 diesel. He owned it about a year and a half but recently bought a new 2023 with the LZ0 diesel. He said he actually liked the LM2 more. I said "Oh you are just saying that because I got the LM2". He said no, the LM2 seems quieter and he doesn't really notice any difference in power, although maybe slightly more between 50 - 70 MPH. Of course it is just one person's opinion, but an interesting data point regardless.

Here is a quick pic. Definitely is going to take some getting used to:
You’re hilarious, 3 diesels. I haven’t seen a single one on the road here and you’ve got 3!!! I’m curious how the rear looks with no quad exhausts

Not surprised on the Wagoneer, their slow moving forum is littered with problems. Even with my friend’s employee discount they are outrageously expensive. I tell him all the time they overpriced it by at least $10K. They’re super nice on the inside, rides really nice, and has great towing capabilities for an SUV

The ride looks beautiful, enjoy her!

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well they wanted $2K and that's what they normally charge. They tell me their cost is $1K, which is what I paid. I don't have a full list yet but I agree the lifetime window tint is probably something I would do and maybe worth $300 - $400. The other stuff like paint sealant, leather protection, etc might be worth a couple hundred more. I'm not sure how they get up to $1K in cost but maybe there is more on the list than I can remember. But bottom line, they insisted this stuff had to go on the vehicle, even though when I looked at it none of those things were done yet.
It’s basically a $1k add on in their pocket. I’ve had dealers try to sell me that, a paint protection plan and they literally do nothing to the vehicle but say it’s already done we can’t take that off....scammers

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The salesman that delivered my Yukon personally owned a Sierra truck with the LM2 diesel. He owned it about a year and a half but recently bought a new 2023 with the LZ0 diesel. He said he actually liked the LM2 more. I said "Oh you are just saying that because I got the LM2". He said no, the LM2 seems quieter and he doesn't really notice any difference in power, although maybe slightly more between 50 - 70 MPH. Of course it is just one person's opinion, but an interesting data point regardless.
There are some definite product improvements in the LZ0, but by and large they are essentially the same engine. No showstoppers that would say to have one over the other. If you have either one, consider yourself lucky....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cvaldez224