Sundown subs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RollTide2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting 2 15 sundown audio sa 15's. I got the 4ohms but should I get the 2 ohms? I don't really know the difference but my friends have 4 ohms and told me it's safer than 2 ohms so I got 4 ohms.

Also what amp should I get to get the most out of them?

Guero3384

Reaction score
depends on what you amp you have because if your amp is 1ohm stable you can get the 2 15in subs that are 2ohms and they can be wired down to 1 ohm... but if your amp is 2 ohm stable well you have to get the 4ohm subs to be wired at 2ohms together.....

bolo1g2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you got a 1ohm stable amp, you'll get way more power if you wire them correctly.

OP
OP
R

RollTide2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ more power at 2 or 4 ohms? I know you get more power but does it sound the same?

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you run the same power it will sound the same at whatever ohm. The difference being your sub wiring configurations. If using a mono block amp (one set of speaker terminals), you can only wire the 4ohms subs in either a 1 ohm setup or 4 ohm setup. You can only wire the 2ohm subs in either a 0.5 ohm setup or a 2 ohm setup. The lower your final impedence (ohm) the better your electrical needs to be. So I would suggest you stick with the 4 ohm subs that you got and all of this is assuming they are dual voice coil subs.

OP
OP
R

RollTide2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand now. Thank y'all. Now I need to pick out a amp. Which one should I get? I was looking at crunch but wasn't sure if they were good or not.

1dopeHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not go with a SAX-1200D. Sundown is known more for their amps than their subs and the quality is top notch. I have 2 Diamond Audio TDX10D4's running off that amp and it bangs pretty good in the Tahoe.

OP
OP
R

RollTide2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured everything out but I need a box. Where'd you get yours and what are specs if you don't mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnybalo

Latest posts