Subs? or Brakes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
After having subs in my truck for 2 months, they came right back out, i couldnt hear anymore..lol.. but it all depends on whatcha listen too and your family too tho. If you have kids or not, that will tell you more then what i have to offer..

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
I say brakes. Gotta get bigger brakes to stop a truck with 22's and a sound system.

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my vote goes to subs

i had 2-15" JLs in mine then i took them out and put 2-10" JL 10W0v2

i guess i got too old for the loud as hell 15s...damn im aging quick, 24 years old and i am getting soft

ask me when im 25 and i will probably say get the brakes

our97ho

Reaction score
Brakes! subs tend to get in the way of stuff. weight issues lower mpgs, sound ordinances, running all the wiring and money involved in labor (possibly), and if you haven't replaced your factory speakers/ head unit then the subs wont sounds as good.. JMHO

Sounds like something my hubby would be thinking subs or breaks but ID say breaks cause subs are a lotta work no matter if uour doing it or someone else is and I personally know we did ours at home took all the stock stuff out and replaced it and we took our time and it came out BETTER THEN WE THOUGHT but brakes must come first cause if u let them go to long ur gonna F up your rotors then your gonna be very unhappy and if that will cost U MUCH MORE!!!

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping someone will chime in on this, but why would larger rims require larger brakes? (besides looks of course)

Wouldn't the aftermarket rim and tire combo be lighter than a stock tire/wheel? I don't have experience with this, Yukon came with 20's and I don't have issues. Just wondering as it would seem the tire would get a lot lighter as the profile got smaller. Is it all in the rims?

Just scratching my head, not really disagreeing.

Um, I'm going to go with door number three and say Nav. :hands:
the larger the wheels, the more rotating moving mass. Alot heavier.