Street scene vent covers - side effects?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt06Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was able to pickup some street scene rear pillar vent covers for my 06 Yukon. Before I get them painted and installed I was wondering what difference these will make if any in regards to function. What are the vents on the factory plastic covers for? Any side effects to the street scene ines besides improved looks? Also, any tips for install? Thanks guys.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no functional difference, just looks.

OP
OP
Matt06Yukon

Matt06Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear. My Yukon is black so the factory doesn't stick out that bad, but these should still look much better.

doylee4693

Tahoe User
Reaction score
Arnt these the smooth ones? My question with that is how does it ventilate then? The escalade ones and tahoe ones are vented,and I would think that if it wasnt needed then they would have used the smooth ones instead at the factory!

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arnt these the smooth ones? My question with that is how does it ventilate then? The escalade ones and tahoe ones are vented,and I would think that if it wasnt needed then they would have used the smooth ones instead at the factory!

no need to vent. it serves no purpose. there's enough air gap to let the air out of the vents that these cover

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yukrazy