One rear a/c vent not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beast96Z

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just picked up my 22’ Z71 Tahoe this past Thursday. All has been good, but just noticed that the passengers side, second row air vent does not blow air. All the others work fine. Dealer says they haven’t seen one like it and immediately wanted to start tearing out the headliner and couldn’t guarantee when I would get it back. I’m leaving for vacation Sat. So couldn’t leave it. I was under the impression these vents are all on one molded plenum, so I’m wondering if it’s clogged. Anyone have any ideas or seen this before? I really don’t want the headliner torn out of a brand new vehicle. And yes, the vent is open!

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's a single plenum. Item #6 on the attached drawing. Likely a blow mold duct with distribution vanes that are molded in so air flows equally to all the vents. Looks like the duct sits flush to the backside of the headliner and goes directly to the louvers, so a disconnected hose or something along those lines can be ruled out. The only thing I can think of at the moment is to close the other three that are working and see if you get airflow to the one that's not working?

Possibly a mouse nest in the runner for that vent from sitting in Midlothian for a few months???

Headliner_Duct.jpg