Stolen SUVs and Trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No need to get political.

I can safely say nobody here watches To Catch a Smuggler. Been going on for years out of the port in Miami and New Jersey and the rest of them.

The Cartel is always a step ahead and always will be. It is a cat and mouse game to catch them.
i've watched it. lol
def some inside work going on in and outside of this country
I know people that do import/export all it takes is money and then there are plenty of blind eyes
even then whole containers can come up missing
just remembered this as well, that one guy I know has to have a vehicle in the container for some legal reason otherwise he is screwed, doesn't matter the value of the vehicle, age or condition. I'll have to ask him again next time I see him what the details are he sends out electronics but the container has to have a car for some reason, some kind of rule in Nigeria. The cost's are not cheap I think it runs him about 20k to get a container over there.
It might have something to do with getting the electronics in without some other fee or something, perhaps a exception of some type

Last edited:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i've watched it. lol
def some inside work going on in and outside of this country
I know people that do import/export all it takes is money and then there are plenty of blind eyes
even then whole containers can come up missing
just remembered this as well, that one guy I know has to have a vehicle in the container for some legal reason otherwise he is screwed, doesn't matter the value of the vehicle, age or condition. I'll have to ask him again next time I see him what the details are he sends out electronics but the container has to have a car for some reason, some kind of rule in Nigeria. The cost's are not cheap I think it runs him about 20k to get a container over there.
Duse to the nonsense in the middle east one of our containers we were going to order jumped 5K overnight.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duse to the nonsense in the middle east one of our containers we were going to order jumped 5K overnight.
ya all that stuff going on increase cost of goods, then in one of those countries the clothing workers went on strike so cost of clothing is going up already, you know higher wages means higher production cost

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use at least one in all of my vehicles, trailers and boats, along with a third party tracker in the more valuable. AirTags are a quick way to get an update on where your vehicle is. They use the cellular network relayed from an iPhone or Apple product. Given the popularity of Apple products, none of mine have failed to update, even in the vehicles I have in storage, since there is always someone on the property walking around. About 25-30 feet is the pickup distance. You can't beat them for $25/each.

Be aware that your Apple bearing passengers may receive a notice on their iPhones that lets them know there is an AirTag traveling with them, so don't plan on keeping it a secret if you transport friends.

If they think I'm being paranoid tracking my vehicles, ask them if they would have liked help locating their vehicle if they forgot where they parked at the shopping center, or would like to know if their mechanic is taking joy rides in their cars after repair. That usually works.

P.S. Battery life is usually about 2 years.
Thank you for that information. Very good to know!

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why didn't onstar disable his SUV once it was reported stolen? Once it gets out of north America does it not work?

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What'd be the Android version of the AirTag?
Asking for those of us that don't want to risk having our mouths sewn to another Appl user's butt.

OP
OP
RoadTrip

RoadTrip

Reaction score
What'd be the Android version of the AirTag?
Asking for those of us that don't want to risk having our mouths sewn to another Appl user's butt.

DogTags. (laughing emoji)

You obviously hate Apple, but they’re pioneering new ideas and have had AirTags for several years while g**gle is scratching their heads.

AirTags work on Androids running 6.0 and above. The rumor continues to circulate that Android will come out with their own version.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure all you have to do is rip off the shark fin antenna.
That might work. Someone would need to test for certain. It could only reduce coverage as in driving into an underground garage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10

Latest posts