Stock Location Subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The console subs face down; they're just a downward-firing sub. Then there's the rear sub box that has an 8" sub firing outward. Then they made the Bose Lux with the seventh order enclosure in the rear like mine was. 3 different setups to keep it confusing.
Mine actually faces forward--towards the firewall.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The Bose Lux amp and enclosure in the rear of the 02 Escalades and Denali's is a completely different animal. The speaker is inside the enclosure and can't be seen unless you take it apart.
photo2-jpg.172798

All you see is the port where the sound exits.

View attachment 187946 View attachment 187947 View attachment 187948
This is the same setup I grabbed from that 02 Denali my buddy parted out. I guess I also have the Lux amp with it. It sounded amazing.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the same setup I grabbed from that 02 Denali my buddy parted out. I guess I also have the Lux amp with it. It sounded amazing.
When you combine that Lux amp running all the small speakers with a separate amp running a good sub it sounds even better.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I listened to the setup for a few hrs before yanking it and the clarity, with the bass, was amazing. It also had some tweeters, maybe, on each side of the center console down low.

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So finally getting around to getting a sub after it's been awhile since I picked up the factory '02 subwoofer box in back. It looks like the factory box has a volume of 0.34 cu. ft. I've been looking at three different 8" subs: JL 8W1v3-4, Kicker CompRT 43CWRT81, and Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-8. The JL says ideal volume is 0.35 cu. ft. and the RF says ideal volume is 0.25 cu. ft. and the Kicker doesn't list it but Assuming it's somewhere close to those. Wondering what would be best matched for the factory box? Looking for something that will hit hard and hit on the lows pretty good. I used to have two 12" 1200W infinity subs in my 97 Tahoe so looking to get to as close of that sub hit as I can in an 8" sub.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So finally getting around to getting a sub after it's been awhile since I picked up the factory '02 subwoofer box in back. It looks like the factory box has a volume of 0.34 cu. ft. I've been looking at three different 8" subs: JL 8W1v3-4, Kicker CompRT 43CWRT81, and Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-8. The JL says ideal volume is 0.35 cu. ft. and the RF says ideal volume is 0.25 cu. ft. and the Kicker doesn't list it but Assuming it's somewhere close to those. Wondering what would be best matched for the factory box? Looking for something that will hit hard and hit on the lows pretty good. I used to have two 12" 1200W infinity subs in my 97 Tahoe so looking to get to as close of that sub hit as I can in an 8" sub.
I’m a big fan of my JL 10 in an MTX Thunderform enclosure. But of course you’ll never get anywhere close to 2 12’s with a single 8. I’ve always liked JL subs.

VDV18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not an expert in car audio by any means, but did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I'm fairly certain there's approximately zero chance you'll get anywhere near 2-12" subs with a single 8".

Edit: I promise when I started my comments, Red's weren't there yet.....but LOL!! :D

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m a big fan of my JL 10 in an MTX Thunderform enclosure. But of course you’ll never get anywhere close to 2 12’s with a single 8. I’ve always liked JL subs.

Yes, I know I'm not going to get anywhere near to two 12's but just was trying to describe in words the sound I'm looking for. I know there's a huge difference between two 12's and one 8. Since can't really go and test the subs out, wanted to get what others have and how it sounds.
@Rocket Man could you describe the sound you get out of your JL a little more? Or better yet, any chance could post a video?