What subwoofer are you running under the center console?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Just like the tittle states.

Several years ago I upgraded the Bose system with an aftermarket set up but left oem the center console subwoofer.
The sub finally gave out this past weekend. The set up I have is a Kenwood HU with Hertz component speakers on both front and back. I'm running those along with the subwoofer thru a 5 channel Alpine MRV F450 amp. I not looking for extreme bass since I'm already running an 8in kicker sub in the back. The only time I run the rear sub is when I'm driving by my self. I really liked how the oem sub thumps, just enought to not bother the wife and the kids when we all ride on the suv.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230805-142345_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230805-142345_Chrome.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 6

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Just like the tittle states.

Several years ago I upgraded the Bose system with an aftermarket set up but left oem the center console subwoofer.
The sub finally gave out this past weekend. The set up I have is a Kenwood HU with Hertz component speakers on both front and back. I'm running those along with the subwoofer thru a 5 channel Alpine MRV F450 amp. I not looking for extreme bass since I'm already running an 8in kicker sub in the back. The only time I run the rear sub is when I'm driving by my self. I really liked how the oem sub thumps, just enought to not bother the wife and the kids when we all ride on the suv.
Both kicker or Memphis and sundown audio make some bad ass 6.5s and 8” subs that would probably fit nicely in the console. I wanted to do one when my wife was driving it Dailey but as soon as I started driving it for work it diddnt take me long to throw my old 15” in the back and that’s more then I’ll ever need!
IMG_2734.jpeg
I would get a independent amp for the sub maybe a 600watt give or take for your taste and it’ll still be small enough you could mount under the back seat where it’ll be hidden and out the way but still easily accessible

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes paper speakers are a joke then telling me it's "high end"
I was offering an option which is likely the cheapest out there. Some folks aren't audiophiles -- they just want their stuff to work. And as non- "high end" as the Bose subwoofer might be, there are hundreds of thousands of them out there, they are adequate for what they do, and it's a direct replacement. Sometimes you can't afford improvements. So you get adequate until you can.

My opinion: Bose is better than having nothing.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was offering an option which is likely the cheapest out there. Some folks aren't audiophiles -- they just want their stuff to work. And as non- "high end" as the Bose subwoofer might be, there are hundreds of thousands of them out there, they are adequate for what they do, and it's a direct replacement. Sometimes you can't afford improvements. So you get adequate until you can.

My opinion: Bose is better than having nothing.
Logitech Z5500 subwoofer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts