Stock Location Subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this a few years ago. 2003 Yukon with factory Bose with center console sub. I picked up a rear enclosure off ebay, put in a Pioneer shallow mount (TS-SW2002D2, I think?), driven by a Kenwood KAC-M3001 tucked under the cup holders in the console. I also cut out the fake grill, color matched a new grille, and epoxied it in. It sounded awesome.

I say "sounded" because when my truck got stolen a few months ago, it got gutted, including the sub and stereo. Luckily they couldn't get to the sub box itself before they dumped it, so all I should have to do is reinstall another amp and wire it all up on my new Kenwood DDX595. Just installed the new stereo yesterday using the PAC RP5-GM11 interface (super easy). The amp is in the mail.

Pics from the install a few years ago:

20151230_094416.jpg

20151231_090723.jpg

20151231_091204 (1).jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this a few years ago. 2003 Yukon with factory Bose with center console sub. I picked up a rear enclosure off ebay, put in a Pioneer shallow mount (TS-SW2002D2, I think?), driven by a Kenwood KAC-M3001 tucked under the cup holders in the console. I also cut out the fake grill, color matched a new grille, and epoxied it in. It sounded awesome.

I say "sounded" because when my truck got stolen a few months ago, it got gutted, including the sub and stereo. Luckily they couldn't get to the sub box itself before they dumped it, so all I should have to do is reinstall another amp and wire it all up on my new Kenwood DDX595. Just installed the new stereo yesterday using the PAC RP5-GM11 interface (super easy). The amp is in the mail.

Pics from the install a few years ago:

View attachment 205654

View attachment 205652

View attachment 205653

Looks great! I was considering that pioneer sub too. Previous pioneer subs I’ve heard have always been a little soft sounding but that was years ago. How does it sound does it have a good punch?

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's punchy enough for me. I really just got it to fill in the lows a little bit from the lackluster Bose sub. Not trying to rattle my teeth out. So for me, it's perfect!

willinnashville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, did you do that raised mesh yourself or buy it somewhere? I have an 05 and really don't want to dremel out the grille windows like mizzouguy did back on page 6

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, did you do that raised mesh yourself or buy it somewhere? I have an 05 and really don't want to dremel out the grille windows like mizzouguy did back on page 6

Yeah, I cut out the whole round solid fake grille-looking part in one piece, color matched a cheap grille off Amazon, and epoxied it in place. Wasn't hard at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Butterfly7