Stock Bose vs aftermarket speakers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
with no other changes not much dif. changing the HU, noticable difference. HU and amp. Big difference. HU amp, sub, GIANT DIFFERENCE.

LVyukyuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock Bose stereo works very well for me. My only gripe is that XM radio does not seem to get as loud as the normal FM channels or CD. I know about sound quality, but did not realize one would be so much weaker in terms of being loud. I have a newborn and that is her shuttle so no upgrades for me...in the Yukon anyway. :hands:

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stock bose system rocks until you come across someone with an aftermarket 1 then you find all kinds of things wrong but i am amazed at the stock bass limits... i added 2 rockford 12's to the bac which REALLY settled my thrive for heavy bass.. then i could barly hear the voice so i swapped out the bose speakers and added rockford 6.5 to the doors now when i turn it up the rockford sound static at high lvl's good at low midrange. so now im taking out the 2 12's adding 3 10's custom box to stay behind 3rd row and upgraded the door speakers to 4 200watt max speakers running off a 900watt amp and the sub off 3 2600 watt amps.. in turn the stock is very well set up for those who dont want over the top sound, but the bose does hav excellent balance too. its all about what you want out of your music i want to be able to turn up my favorite song until i think it's to loud ;) lol!!!! plus when i turn mines up i still dont want tto be drowned out by the guy n the vehicle next to be when he turns his up..

tspear

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would love the Bose to be louder, but since these trucks already are prone to rattling, i don't want to add to the problem. I put 2 JL W'3s in a custom box behind the third row and I'm happy with the setup. Loud enough to turn some heads, but not obnoxious.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Stock and Bose both suck, GM needs to better desing their speaker systems!

Harry Seaward

Reaction score
<$300. That's how much the Bose system costs. 8 speakers, processor/amplifier, and 1 sub enclosure. Let's be fair and how 'bout compare apples to apples! :emotions122: Balanced...the Bose system is nicely balanced and EQ'd. When compared to a studio reference system, I can assure you that when speaking of fidelity, (not sound pressure) any program material played on the Tahoe system is as close to the original recording as $300 bucks can bring you. Now, what's the value of the systems you guys are putting in?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anas1993