Still leaks after 3 "fixes"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solosys

Reaction score
I am beyond frustrated. Back in Aug 2021 my 2012 Yukon XL started leaking oil. Brought it in for service and they fixed the leak, saying it was Oil Cooler Gasket. Brought it home the next day and noticed oil in the same location. Brought it back and they said it wasn't tight enough. A few months later I'm denial again but more oil started appearing to be leaking from the same spot. Brought it in and they said it was the Rear main seal. Got that fixed, as many of you know wasn't cheap. Well, as of today been noticing yet again leaking from the same similar area as the first time I brought it in back in August.This is now BS. I'm at the point where I'm going to dispute my last charge. Has anyone had this type of leaked fixed properly. I refuse to bring it in and get charged any additional money.93F33141-23F6-4117-B4B9-782D2E1848B0.jpegD79F0858-D7FE-4D11-94DE-D24D838B0D3C.png

OP
OP
S

solosys

Reaction score
I'll keep it in mind. Let's see what they say tomorrow. Also, I've been servicing this truck at a Chevy dealer. Would there be any reason to stop and start going to an actual GMC dealer.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am beyond frustrated. Back in Aug 2021 my 2012 Yukon XL started leaking oil. Brought it in for service and they fixed the leak, saying it was Oil Cooler Gasket. Brought it home the next day and noticed oil in the same location. Brought it back and they said it wasn't tight enough. A few months later I'm denial again but more oil started appearing to be leaking from the same spot. Brought it in and they said it was the Rear main seal. Got that fixed, as many of you know wasn't cheap. Well, as of today been noticing yet again leaking from the same similar area as the first time I brought it in back in August.This is now BS. I'm at the point where I'm going to dispute my last charge. Has anyone had this type of leaked fixed properly. I refuse to bring it in and get charged any additional money.View attachment 363228View attachment 363229

These repairs are under warranty nationwide, at any GM dealer if memory serves. If yours were mine I would keep going up with a flashlight. Would also replace the oil filter on the off-chance that the gasket is leaking under pressure and making that mess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxandpj