Stiffer front springs/shocks on autoride ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did 2/4 NorcalSS with belltech 2" drop spindles and belltech rear springs and also Wilwood BBK, even before these mods on heavy breaking front end will dip so much and rear will raise, off road display would shows that rear tires were loosing traction. So what can be done to make front end not to dip.so much, stiffer fron springs or stiffer shocks, i know there isnt any stiffer magnetic shocks, unless i ditch them.
Btw my 2016 Denali have only 40k miles, and my 07 Tahoe LTZ was much stiffer up front even with 115k miles

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
other than what you mentioned...the addition of an adjust proportioning valve would be the other item that could aid in nose dive. not sure how your abs would react.
depending on your desire for ride quality, an adjustable shock or replacement coil over with dampening control would be ideal. you could adjust how much valving on the bump side and control nose dive

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where would i get those shocks or coilovers ? Also how rear magna ride shocks would work if i delete front ones ?

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they offer a resistor that plugs in and fools the system. if truly an air ride assisted...you could always do a 1" drop coil, then adjust the sensor rod to allow a slightly higher PSI into the shock.

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need this for front, rear shocks are with airbags on them .i never drove any 07+ GM suv without magnetic shocks. Are one without it that bad, before 16 Denali i had 07 Tahoe LTZ with air ride and magnetic shocks so i dont know how SLE/SLT Yukon or LT/LS Tahoe rides

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your front should have the air assist also...my 2012 was auto was both...and it also had sensor rods that i made adjustable.

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about Belltech 16002 Coilovers Compression & Rebound Adjustable

Anyone tried these

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your front should have the air assist also...my 2012 was auto was both...and it also had sensor rods that i made adjustable.

I dont think front shocks are with airbags, they have level sensor but they are there so auto ride and magnetic ride works as system.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never heard of air assist on the front of these trucks.

The front shocks/struts have an electrical connection on the top of them, if the suspension is a Z55 or Z95 RPO code. This electrical component of these suspensions operates independently of the air assist in the rear (though they are both hooked up to the same controller module).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy