Steering wheel squeaking and chair movement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kh0806

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For the last couple of weeks Ive noticed that my steering wheel "squeaks" ever so slightly on my 2015 Tahoe LT. The squeaking is especially noticeable on turns.

Second issue that I have is the driver's seat. Ive taken it back to dealer for this issue before. The issue is when I make turns I feel a "knock" in the seat. And this knock or slight movement seems to come from where the seat is attached to the floor. It's kind of hard to explain but it's definitely there. Last time they said it needed a part to have it fixed. The fix was good for solid 8-9 months and now its back again. Definitely will bring it back and see what they say.
Anyone having these issue at all? Thanks

911jason

Reaction score
I never had the steering wheel squeak, but definitely had the driver's seat issue... Never seemed too bad though, so I didn't worry about it. I just traded my 15 for a 16 though, so problem resolved. ;)

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes! I have a 2015 Tahoe LS with same exact problems - a slight squeak in the steer wheel, but only when making small adjustments, and my drivers seat oh so slightly knocks when I make turns - like the seat bolts are ever so loose.

Like 911jason, neither are too bad so I haven't taken it in for service.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I notice my steering wheel has a slight squeking noise as well but not a big deal. I'm assuming its rubbing between the plastics.

OP
OP
K

kh0806

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Taking it in for service and will see what they say

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My steering wheel squeak was getting worse so I took it in. Advisor said there was a TB on it. They replaced parts in the steering column. Well picked it up and when leaving the dealership I notice the squeak was still there. Took it back and the advisor said give it it a week to break in. :rolleyes:
I left and while I was on the freeway I notice my steering wheel is cocked to the left when going straight. Then notice the steering wheel adjuster button is loose and will not snap back in place. Steering wheel leather is dirty and sticky ... I think I need to take it to another dealer.

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine use to squeak and make a popping noise. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the steering column.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
autom8ted