Steering Angle Sensor calibration?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B2sdad

B2sdad

Reaction score
I would bet that just a simple alignment would not require a sensor recalibration...
Unless it was an accident or some very major front end mishap. Or maybe steering wheel
repair of some sort.. Prob why it's not on the tech II..
I have an aftermarket Autel but I've never looked to see if it's capable as I haven't run
into this with any of the cars I work on (yet)
Here’s one example…

bigboy215

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I just went out to my 2007 with my Tech2 to calibrate the steering angle sensor and there is no such option in the Tech2 for these trucks, apparently.
I have a 2009 Tahoe LTZ my stabilizing traction light came on and I replace the angle sensor that's what the scanner told me it was bad and I still have the light on and nothing showing up on my scana to anymore but the light is still on

bigboy215

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2009 Tahoe LTZ stabilized and traction light on change the angle sensor and light still on check wheel bearings sensors and they are good and now there's no code on my scanning machine showing and it's still on I don't know what to do do anybody have a clue

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
2009 Tahoe LTZ stabilized and traction light on change the angle sensor and light still on check wheel bearings sensors and they are good and now there's no code on my scanning machine showing and it's still on I don't know what to do do anybody have a clue

Are you using a scanner that can read those codes? Lots of inexpensive scanners don't read them.

What was the original code that led you to replace the SAS?

bigboy215

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you using a scanner that can read those codes? Lots of inexpensive scanners don't read the

Are you using a scanner that can read those codes? Lots of inexpensive scanners don't read them.

What was the original code that led you to replace the SAS?
I don't remember the clothes right now but I had the truck to the dealership and they tell me the angle sensor was bad and I had to second mechanic and he told me the same thing he said the angle sensor was bad so I replaced that and still have the light on

bigboy215

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't remember the clothes right now but I had the truck to the dealership and they tell me the angle sensor was bad and I had to second mechanic and he told me the same thing he said the angle sensor was bad so I replaced that and still have the light on
I don't remember the codes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9