Start of the build of my 05 z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
There is a section, in the Members Lounge area at bottom of home page, that has a thread about, "___________________, it's what's for dinner!" You may have to have more posts before you can post to that thread though.

When I move back to KC, Mo. area next year, I will be back in great BBQ country and plan to do a lot of that since I will be retired. I have had friends here, in Oregon, tell me my smoked dry rubbed pork ribs are the best they ever had. My brother, in KC, is part of a 4 man crew that has entered the biggest BBQ contest in the US, at the American Royal Arena, for close to 30 years.

OP
OP
Imlow78

Imlow78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a section, in the Members Lounge area at bottom of home page, that has a thread about, "___________________, it's what's for dinner!" You may have to have more posts before you can post to that thread though.

When I move back to KC, Mo. area next year, I will be back in great BBQ country and plan to do a lot of that since I will be retired. I have had friends here, in Oregon, tell me my smoked dry rubbed pork ribs are the best they ever had. My brother, in KC, is part of a 4 man crew that has entered the biggest BBQ contest in the US, at the American Royal Arena, for close to 30 years.
Heck yeah. Got a buddy on the west side of STL that does competition cooking also.

Shannon

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If the contest is the same as years before. You pay a fee to get in and all the contestants have free samples and there is a people's choice award in several categories and the teams that are there for the big money and you can buy food and sauces and dry rub from any of the teams. 4 day contest that you can stay full at all 4 days. Loads of fun and loads of food. My brother works at the Ford assembly plant in Claycomo, Mo., north of the river in KC, MO. The team is 4 guys from there and they have a two axle trailer they bring their cooker/smoker in on and set up a large awning and sleep there and tend the meats all day and night. I will be retired, so I am looking forward to spending a night or two there and "sampling" the cooking.

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to the American royal once, but we didn't know there were two different tickets, and the ones we bought didn't include samples. We thought the big teams would be giving out samples, because Wabash bbq invited us into there tent and busted out the potato salad and everything. They were the only ones that offered us food though. I wanna go back with the right ticket.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Where you can really score is the people's choice competitors that want you to sample and vote for them and then they get points toward getting a chance to compete against the big money teams.

OP
OP
Imlow78

Imlow78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
921896CC-0526-4F2F-B618-C7D59481315B.jpeg

Wheels and tires are on the way. Settled on the 15 Silverado 22x9’s and a 275/45r22 tire. Wanted a 285/45r22 but my 255/75r17’s are already rubbing the inner finders so….

Shannon

Attachments

• 03C9097B-B5C9-42F1-987D-14512B449642.jpeg
    03C9097B-B5C9-42F1-987D-14512B449642.jpeg
    423.4 KB · Views: 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345