Stabilitrak and traction control warnings on ‘07 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcb2

Reaction score
I occasionally see dashboard warnings to service Stabilitrak and service Traction Control. However, I see no codes come up on the scanner. Then the warnings go away for weeks or even months before appearing again. Could this be just a wheel speed sensor issue? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you need a abs scanner to read those codes, every time those lights come on the code is stored in a history log.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya like scott said a scanner that will read ABS is needed and then if there is no stored code then you would need to scan it while the light is on before you shut off the truck I have had a bad abs module before and it would short and throw a code and then reset as soon as the key turned off and there would be no stored code (I am not implying this is your problem I am just stating weird things like that can happen). If you don't have access to a scanner that will read a abs code then sometimes the dealer will scan it for you if you just pull up to the service department and ask (may depend on your relationship with them or how money hungry they are if they charge you to for it or not)

OP
OP
jcb2

jcb2

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I’ll ask some friends if they have an ABS scanner. I’d rather avoid going to a dealer.

OP
OP
jcb2

jcb2

Reaction score
I read where the "Tech-2" is only for cars, not trucks. And those things are expensive.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they actually work on a variety of cars and trucks, you can get a clone off ebay for $300, it pays for its-self in no time.

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they actually work on a variety of cars and trucks, you can get a clone off ebay for $300, it pays for its-self in no time.
Agreed, the Tech II is what the dealer used to scan all vehicles of this era before the new MDI scanners came along. I bought my clone for $308 and it has paid for itself already. I've successfully scanned: 98 GMC truck, 00 Buick Lesabre, 05 Yukon XL, 06 Suburban, 08 Buick Enclave, 08 Yukon Denali, 09 Terrain, 09 Impala and possibly others I'm just not recalling right now.

ChsCountyYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a Autel AL619 that I used to read the ABS / SRS codes off my 05 Yukon without any issue. Less then $100 and it works on all of my cars with ABS. Free updates as well

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Autel AL619 that I used to read the ABS / SRS codes off my 05 Yukon without any issue. Less then $100 and it works on all of my cars with ABS. Free updates as well
IMHO, if a guy owns/drives primarily GM vehicles I would pay up for the Tech II. You can reflash software to modules (free for pre-2008 IIRC, have to pay for late-models), and you can drill down into far more than just the SRS/ABS stuff. I can retrieve trouble codes for heated seats, power lift-gates, power-windows, power locks, etc. AFAIK, not even the several thousand dollar Snap-On scanners can get down to that level...

And the bi-directional stuff is REALLY handy when troubleshooting, I can roll down windows, toggle heated seats, trip EVAP system solenoids, auto-bleed ABS, lock the doors, and TONS more, all from my Tech II.

I really am super happy that the folks on this forum convinced me to buy one; the BEST $300 I've ever spent when it comes to vehicle maintenance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcutter004

Latest posts