TRACTION: OFF & STABILITRAK: OFF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AC95

Reaction score
Hi mechanix, 2013 PPV my traction & stabilitrak HUD notifications & symbols have been intermittently going on then off over the past week(s).

The lights show up, it goes ding ding ding, drive for a bit doing whatever, shut it off- go inside, go back to drive again and the lights would disappear back to “normal” upon start up.. then come back on minutes into driving sometimes longer.

As I type this, they have shut off after parking after driving. (Normal)

Gas pedal, Steering column sensor, throttle body sensor. Transmission?

There is no power loss

No CEL’s

Transmission has had some funky hard shifts recently….

Help!

Attachments

• IMG_0548.jpeg
    IMG_0548.jpeg
    183.8 KB · Views: 3

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have a bi-directional scanner, you might get some additional information.

On potential cause would be one of the 4 wheel speed sensors is beginning to malfunction, or have some dirt/grease inside the hub blocking the the function of a wheel sensor.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi mechanix, 2013 PPV my traction & stabilitrak HUD notifications & symbols have been intermittently going on then off over the past week(s).

The lights show up, it goes ding ding ding, drive for a bit doing whatever, shut it off- go inside, go back to drive again and the lights would disappear back to “normal” upon start up.. then come back on minutes into driving sometimes longer.

There is no power loss

No CEL’s

Help!
Might put a scanner on it to see if there are any codes. These type of things wont necessarily trigger a CEL.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score

There is no power loss

No CEL’s

Help!

Classic symptoms of low voltage. I'd bet money on a loose battery cable.

Check battery cables
Check/test battery
Check/test alternator
Check for loose/frayed/broken ground wires.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you I will check more in depth

I don't have a bi-directional scanner, but the scanner I have is decently powerful. It'll read wheel speed sensor, steering position, yaw, etc. signals. So, you don't necessarily have to have a bi-directional, which are a lot more expensive.

I agree with @Joseph Garcia that one of the wheel speed sensors is intermittently failing or it has a loose connection to the vehicle harness. These are somewhat common occurrences.

Actually, mine was doing like yours, except it happened when I hit this hard dip in the road at an interstate off ramp, so I was hitting it at speed. After a few times, the warnings stayed. I scanned it and found the left rear speed sensor was inactive. I swapped it with the right rear and the failure followed, indicating the sensor itself had failed. This was last April and I've yet to replace the sensor. I just press the top DIC button to clear the warning messages every time I start it. Not driving it often keeps it from really bothering me. I'll fix it one day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019