Squeaking While Driving- Not Leafs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GangstaCowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello-
So lately I have developed some squeaks while driving as well as a pop noise when I turn the wheels in reverse. At first i thought it was the springs and bushing but it's not and only happens when I am moving. When I make hard right turns I get a banging noise under the driver which I assume is something with the torsion bar but when I try to move it under the truck it's solid as a rock. Has anyone ever had the torsion bars squeak on them? What ever is making the noise its not rotational and is definitely in the suspension. I get some squeaks from the rear springs but some white grease really helped with those. I plan on refreshing the front end in November with new parts but I want to solve this squeak first. Are their bushing's in the torsion bar that wear?

**Sorry forgot to mention details. 98 Yukon 4X4 with 6 inch Fabtech lift and 35 inch tires. Also I am pretty sure it is not the front diff.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GangstaCowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found it .Top part of the sway bar end link is in bad shape. Some metal on meta rubbing. I have the parts to swap out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19