Squeak on start up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Writefast

Reaction score
So the new Yuke has a squeak/squeal on start up. According to the service records, I just bought this thing, both water pump and tensioner were replaced in the last 2-3 years. Belts too. Current belts look like new. Any thoughts?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Depending on where you live and how cold it gets and salt/slush on the road, it could be belt noise. You could remove the belt and do a cold start and see if noise is gone. You could also post a video of the noise for us to hear. You could also post the vehicle info, unless it is a secret. Post vehicle info in the Signature to stop all guess work.

OP
OP
Writefast

Writefast

Reaction score
Just done. She’s an 07 and lived her entire life in Fl as far as I can tell. To my ear it’s a water pump, chirps for a bit and then trails off. I’ve only driven her for a total of 3 hours.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Chirping could be a dry/glazed belt. Again, remove belt and see if noise goes away, on start up. Could be water pump. Get a mechanic's stethoscope and listen at the bearing snout.

OP
OP
Writefast

Writefast

Reaction score
To be clear, you mean the main belt only? The motor is very glossy and I’m concerned that someone got creative with wheel shine spray and may have ruined the belts but on the highway and in town she’s great. I’ll grab some audio tomorrow. Thanks very much for the input so far!

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Writefast Depending on the setup there are 2 pulleys, when mine was doing what yours is doing it was the lower pulley/tensioner for the AC belt. Some Tahoes don't have a tensioner on the AC belt, find out if yours does

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Writefast Depending on the setup there are 2 pulleys, when mine was doing what yours is doing it was the lower pulley/tensioner for the AC belt. Some Tahoes don't have a tensioner on the AC belt, find out if yours does
If it’s a 2007, I’m pretty sure it will have an A/C idler/tensioner pulley. Think they got rid of it with the 2009’s. At least my 2007 & 2008 6.2’s had the tensioner but my 2009 5.3 did not.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wash all that **** out of the engine that the dealers put on...
It's like armor-all.. Just attracted dirt and grease.
Could just be some still on the belts and components

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n