Squeak on my 2015i

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015i XL Denali. When I hit bumps there is a squeak coming from the drivers side. It is near the rear wheel or 3rd row seat. Anyone else have this squeak? The noise is driving me crazy. It has to be fixed.

ebelp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried taking it to your dealer so they can take it for a text drive and diagnose it in person?

OP
OP
M

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried taking it to your dealer so they can take it for a text drive and diagnose it in person?

No. Note yet. I plan on it after the holidays. Just wondering if anyone else has the same squeak.

jmitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your e-brake cables come to a single point near your drivers side rear wheel. You'll have to crawl under and see the bracket that holds them together and the cables are rubbing on that bracket. I ended up doing some trial and error and zipped tied them apart until the noise went away. When you are under the vehicle push up on the frame to mimic the movement and it will help locate the noise. I also had one of the cables rubbing on a bushing in front of that same wheel. Hopefully this helps.

OP
OP
M

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your e-brake cables come to a single point near your drivers side rear wheel. You'll have to crawl under and see the bracket that holds them together and the cables are rubbing on that bracket. I ended up doing some trial and error and zipped tied them apart until the noise went away. When you are under the vehicle push up on the frame to mimic the movement and it will help locate the noise. I also had one of the cables rubbing on a bushing in front of that same wheel. Hopefully this helps.

Thank you so much. I will crawl under it tomorrow.

superchevy427

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a little cricket squeak it was the headliner above the 3rd row seats the push clip wasn't pushed in. A simply push by the interior light snapped it right into place.

Rush

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Had the same issue after I lowered it.... drove me nuts trying to locate it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn