spark plug change 5.3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridewot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So i decided to change my plugs on my 2008 Tahoe after a 125,000 miles, the driver side easy to do but the passenger side little more difficult. So i removed the inner wheel well liner and used my dewalt clamp to push the AC lines up to access the rear plug, see pic. Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

• plug.jpg
    plug.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 14

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I was cuing you in about your socket trick for the l/r spark plug. :)
Aha. I found a link to a link lol. It’s the easiest way for #8.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya I can't advise trying to force the ac lines to move, to me that has the potential to be a costly manuever.
all you need is a couple of socket adapters and it is no harder than any other plug
Agreed, especially after replacing mine and seeing how easy it would be to create a leak. Those are one of those things I don’t bend out of my way. Finding out next summer that all my Freon is gone due to a slow leak would be a real bummer. Those plugs aren’t that hard, they sure do get a lot of mention here though. You just need the right adapters. SK sells a 3/4 “ long extension that works great too. Either of these accomplish the same thing- the perfect length for #8 and a couple more. The regular depth socket on the spark plug socket or the 3/4” extension in the plug socket.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    324.5 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
ridewot

ridewot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My rear AC lines are disconnected and moving them a little wouldn’t hurt anything! There is no room to get a socket in there unless you move the lines

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My rear AC lines are disconnected and moving them a little wouldn’t hurt anything! There is no room to get a socket in there unless you move the lines
you fail to mention that your ac lines are not connected.
yet state "i hope this helps someone" lol, ya help them spend there money on a new ac system haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019