Sooooooo, I bought a PPV ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update!

As stated before, I scheduled my Tahoe for both recalls. I opted to take my turd to Hendrick Chevrolet in Durham, this this is a totally new dealership that close/combined two dealerships......so there are a few long-time Chevy techs I know from my days at Hendrick in Chapel Hill (when I worked on BMWs). They are pretty backed up, which is a good sign for them being pretty busy.

Long story short, they replaced my passenger side airbag and did the fan recall as well. According to the RO, there were 6 parts in total replaced......including the fan assembly itself. There was no trace of them being anywhere, and it only took a couple of hours. Glad I got it done, and it was painless from my end.

Hope some video surfaces, I ran into one of those old Chevy techs I knew and he already remembered me and my train horns, so I let him know where the button was. I didn't get a chance to follow up directly with him, but I am certain he hit the horns in the shop whenever the tech who worked on it brought it in. :)

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update!

As stated before, I scheduled my Tahoe for both recalls. I opted to take my turd to Hendrick Chevrolet in Durham, this this is a totally new dealership that close/combined two dealerships......so there are a few long-time Chevy techs I know from my days at Hendrick in Chapel Hill (when I worked on BMWs). They are pretty backed up, which is a good sign for them being pretty busy.

Long story short, they replaced my passenger side airbag and did the fan recall as well. According to the RO, there were 6 parts in total replaced......including the fan assembly itself. There was no trace of them being anywhere, and it only took a couple of hours. Glad I got it done, and it was painless from my end.

Hope some video surfaces, I ran into one of those old Chevy techs I knew and he already remembered me and my train horns, so I let him know where the button was. I didn't get a chance to follow up directly with him, but I am certain he hit the horns in the shop whenever the tech who worked on it brought it in. :)
I Have a pa with a couple different electronic air horn tones. Lot of fun.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And done! :happy175:

I just KNEW I'd find a good use for all of these different BMW books from over the years. I even threw a dead blow hammer and a small sledge on the dash, propped up with a 3ft prybar even. I wanted to make sure it sat FLAT while it was curing. Just going to be a PITA when I get up to go to work tomorrow.

skinweights1.jpgskinweights3.jpgskinweights4.jpg

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know my Tahoe is filthy, it has been neglected since I bought the other car. I will clean it out this weekend, I promise!

Mods - I saw this when posting, assuming it saw my constant posts with attachments and flagged the post? Just curious!

Capture.PNG

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I know my Tahoe is filthy, it has been neglected since I bought the other car. I will clean it out this weekend, I promise!

Mods - I saw this when posting, assuming it saw my constant posts with attachments and flagged the post? Just curious!

View attachment 344168
I got the same thing--20210628_181444.jpg
Btw--your stock dash is in almost perfect shape compared to other dashes. All you have is that 1 crack on the ps?

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Btw--your stock dash is in almost perfect shape compared to other dashes. All you have is that 1 crack on the ps?
It was cracked in 2 other places too, just the one around the passenger side airbag though. I couldn't get the glue up from the dash there either, for radar equipment that used to live on my dash with NCSHP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE