Someone rubbed my bumper...how can I cheaply fix it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
So, I don't know why, but this always happens to me. Someone rubbed against my front bumper, right on the corner. First time in this car, but it always seems to happen to my vehicles no matter where I park.

Anyway, there's no major damage, no deep scrapes down through the paint, but I now have streaks of someone else's car paint on my shiny white bumper and some general scuff/scrape marks where they rubbed against it. Is there some way to remove the offender's paint and maybe smooth mine back out a bit without having to repaint the whole the bumper? I don't need it to be perfect looking, just better then streaks of reddish paint on my white bumper.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a little cleaner wax and a buffer (or elbow grease)

If that isn;t aggressive enough you can try a polishing compound.

HedleyLamarr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
a friend of mine wound up with paint on the bumper of his Tundra from being stupid (had it parked in his driveway in gear, then got out thinking it was in park since he was on a hill, reached in the window and turned it off, unknowingly putting it in neutral) and letting it roll into his garage

I watched him take it off with a little bottle of "graffiti remover" and a towel

he rubbed it off like it was wet...it was pretty amazing...took damn near zero effort

I wish I remembered the brand but I just know it was called graffiti remover

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'll see if I can find some graffiti remover. We don't have a huge graffiti problem where I live, so it's probably not commonly needed around here....lol.

If that works, then yeah, I think I can just buff and wax the rest back to looking good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jethro779