SOLVED Odd shaking initial drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Please be aware that a force balance will not fix a belt problem, if that is what it is.

Plus, is it gonna be parked on Friday where they will do the balance, so they can duplicate the cold tire step?.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... I do not do rim weights, they fall off, I do sticky only.
^+1^ Thanks for the reminder.

I once ok'd a tire shop to install rim weights because they were out of stick ons. They weren't for aluminum wheels, and they told me as much. Flew off later and stuck in the sidewall of the tire. a $500 tire! The shop was cool and got me a replacement tire. Plus the rim weights can gouge my hand when I'm washing or removing the wheels.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Force balancing fixed it.

Thank you everyone for input. Pretty sure, it was that one wheel with no weights on it.
Great. You can go back to your first post and above it to the right corner area, where 3 dots are, and you can click and edit the thread and add the word SOLVED to the thread title and then when people search they will see that and read the whole thread to help them with their problem.

OP
OP
U

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Latest and the greatest.
So no, that shake came back.
As of today, and I say nothing, know nothing - I replaced front Doorman struts with KYB, took off to O'Reilley's - no shake. I'll reconfirm after few more days of driving. Temps are near freezing. Doormans leaked out in the front after several months of use.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Latest and the greatest.
So no, that shake came back.
As of today, and I say nothing, know nothing - I replaced front Doorman struts with KYB, took off to O'Reilley's - no shake. I'll reconfirm after few more days of driving. Temps are near freezing. Doormans leaked out in the front after several months of use.
Many many times, Dorman products have gotten terrible reviews here and are warned against.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19