Software Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outkastist

Reaction score
I've done all OTA updates with no issues. Saved me having to go in for that DRL recall as they rolled it out as part of the OTA update.

BigdawgR6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I swear after the last two updates, the audio cuts out randomly while listening to XM radio and I also get weird disconnects from Apple Carplay. Definitely passing on any future updates.

OP
OP
chris80

chris80

Reaction score
My XM also cuts out 2 times every time I start my 2022 SLT. It's a GMC issue, not XM.

BigdawgR6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've always had that since I purchased my 2022. I'm getting random cut outs after driving for awhile. It's possible I need to have the antenna checked but it just seems to have started after the most recent updates.

Tahoeblake22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Facebook forums have been littered with folks that had their cars bricked due to the latest update. Dead batteries drained and weird errors. I’d hold off until it’s fixed.
What forums have this? I’m having the same issue.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the Xm radio was just normal but I’ve noticed it more after the last updates.

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting read, thanks for sharing @JGinLA!

"TIP: The Battery Sensor Module (Fig. 5) is attached directly to the battery negative terminal. It determines the battery condition by calculating the battery SOC, functions, and state of health, which is used to help determine if the 12V Stop/Start system will allow an Auto Stop when the vehicle has come to a stop. "

So do you think people with an Auto Stop Eliminator are better off, because the battery isn't being used as much?

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a better battery with a larger reserve would solve some of these problems. I put a 850/900 cca battery with 2 hr reserve from the beginning.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC

Latest posts