Soft Brakes, New Day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the catch. I didn’t note that I also bled the ABS module with my scan tool twice as well. I’ll go back out and bleed the module and corners one more time at some point before Monday and see if I get any improvement.
Try parking nose downhill and bleed if that pedal aint firm. (Jacking rear up off the ground is the same thing).

OP
OP
N

nick0789

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the pedal feel change when revving the engine? Have you driven in a lower gear to get the RPM up and tested the braking?

Revving the engine in park and neutral had no effect on brake pedal feel. I pushed the pedal about halfway and then gave it some throttle to ~2,500 RPM and the pedal did not stiffen.

Driving in 1 did not show any difference in brake pedal feel.

OP
OP
N

nick0789

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Secondary update for the day:

My driveway has a minor downward slope so I parked nose-out and lifted the rear end. I then went and bled the ABS module again and noticed a more prominent kickback from the pedal once it initialized so I performed the ABS bleed twice.
Afterwards I went to the rear end (still jacked up) and bled the two rear calipers. I had one small bubble come out of the passenger rear but that’s about it between the two. Pedal feel is marginally better than earlier today.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you did the manual bleed(s), did the pedal ever go to the floor? Some have blown MC seals so it is usually recommended to stick a 2x4 under so not to overextend the rod. Teehee

Disregard if care was exercised or already mentioned.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Secondary update for the day:

My driveway has a minor downward slope so I parked nose-out and lifted the rear end. I then went and bled the ABS module again and noticed a more prominent kickback from the pedal once it initialized so I performed the ABS bleed twice.
Afterwards I went to the rear end (still jacked up) and bled the two rear calipers. I had one small bubble come out of the passenger rear but that’s about it between the two. Pedal feel is marginally better than earlier today.
You got air trapped in that ABS manifold or didnt get that master cylinder bled all the way before installing it. Id hit it with a Tech 2 auto bleed again with nose down. Maybe get the nose down even further. Have any mountains nearby?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011